Newbie needs help - to pull the plug

lpulle

Reaction score
I have read so many post about rooting R2 2.3.2 A955 that I'm see spotts and after reading so many I got shell shocked - afraid of brinking as this is a second hand but new phone and VER won't insure it.

first - do I need to have a back up of current phone and how do I do it

second - I need a very easy method of rooting

third - what if something goes wrong

fourth - I got into and hacked my Storm 2 without any problems - it was easy

fifth - I want to tether this phone to run internet on my lap top - someone said you don't need to root - just get a third party program and I don't want to pay VERizon.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
1-3. Z4root is easy to root and unroot. This should not cause problems. Bootstrap d2 from market or the dev's site. Bootstrap and reboot. Make nandroid backup. Load roms and themes based on your kernel version. Read everything carefully.

5. Tethering is available through pdanet or easytether programs that do not require root. Be careful on usage though.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

chrstdvd

Reaction score
How did you hack your storm 2? I have my old storm 1 sitting around and would love to learn how to hack it so I could try some "stuff". I never saw hacking anywhere on Crackberry.

Azurikai

Reaction score
there was plenty of hacking the BB's, you could install custom OS's by people like Lyridical and such.

@OP, you should z4Root, and a lot of that stuff you're asking about there are guides all over this part of the forum to help point you in the right direction!