NEWBIE / help question

imsullysgrl

Reaction score
Hello all. been a black berry user for 3 years and now i am a droid x user love the phone will never go back to BB. my question is i use to back up my bb on the computer so incase i had to replace it all my information was stored on the pc . DO you have to back up the droid? and if so how do you do this. Thank and i love the forums found a great droid forum on how to save my battery :) :):):):):):):)

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the community glad to have you with us and most of everything on the X can be backed up through your google account and SD card. if your really looking to back everything up on your X you may want to check out whats called "rooting" if you havent already read about it in the community. Rooting allows you to have superuser access to your phone much like you would on a windows computer. Superuser access/root access allows you to have apps such as "titanium backup" and "droid X bootstrapper". "Titanium backup" backs up even the data on game apps you have like angry birds so if you ever switch you can load all the data you saved by just loading it through the app its self. "Droid X bootstrapper" allows you to make a "clockworkmod recovery backup". Once you download "DX bootstrapper" you reboot into recovery and go to backup/restore and make a back up. An app that helps to download with "DX bootstrapper" is "rom manager" which has an option "backup current rom" and it makes am backup with that one touch. The backup you make with "rom manager" can be loaded by rebooting into recovery with "DX bootstrapper" and once your booted into recovery you can go to backup/restore and restore the backup.

The items in the " are words you may be able to search for by hitting the search tab at the top of the page and using the google search feature in the search box. Once you find a detailed thread you can just read up a lil bit.

Hope this can help. I'm also a former BB user. I had the Storm 1 and im really glad i made the switch to android. Also this is a very helpful place to learn and become a pro at your new X. Feel free to ask questions and post opinions. Enjoy the stay

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score