Newb here

Conz

Reaction score
just got my first smart phone (Inc 2), and I'm not lost... but I can use a "Idiots Guide to..." for it. is there a good FAQ or rundown you guys can link me too? much appreciated, I think I'm gonna spend a lot of time around this site.

OP
C

Conz

Reaction score
ill read around a bit before i bombard you with questions, but dont be shocked if i drop a few. thanks

actually, here's one. I had ATK before I saw they drain your battery. I still have watch dog, should i scrap that too? Also when i had atk, mobile im and a few other apps were always on the list, and ive never even opened them. what's the deal with that?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
I have noticed that the DInc2 has a lot of things running all the time. However, if you go to menu>settings>about phone>battery>battery usage you will see that only 3-6 items are what is using the battery. It's usually display, Android OS, and a few other apps/processes, especially if you have played a game for a while. Biggest user is going to be the display. Having another app that monitors what is using the battery will just use more of your battery. What you see as running apps is just a breakdown of the Android OS listing in the battery usage. So long answer to a short question is no, you don't need another battery monitoring app. Those items will run and restart however many times you stop them.

Android has its own built in task killer now. Once you reach a certain mark, it will shed running apps for you.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
C

Conz

Reaction score
ok, I'll delete watchdog, but what about when i play a game like angry birds, when i shut that down, son't I have to kill it? the battery monitors make it seem like it's still using a ton of memory and battery after it's done. do i have to go to manage apps and kill it every single time? that's a little tedious.

thanks btw

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S8
Nope, you won't have to stop angry birds. The DInc2 keeps it in memory until it thinks its not needed again. Example: playing angry birds and you get a text. You hit home, read then reply to your text. Then open AB again and it goes back to the spot you left, most times. The phone will free up memory if it detects you need it.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S8
One other tip, turn your phone off once every few days. Then power back on. Your phone is a mini-computer so it should be cycled from time to time. It's like turning off your laptop after you are done using it, it continues to work faster for longer.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Plus the inc2 has tons of free ram, so it can store alot of apps in memory.

Sent from my fascinate

OP
C

Conz

Reaction score
so i played angry birds for a half hour (late to the party, but man it's as addicting as people say it is) and it sucked my battery down about 30% Is that normal? I'm at 25% battery right now, Im gonna let it die and then charge it.

OP
C

Conz

Reaction score
i have a yahoo email and my google email hooked up on my phone. gmail never has any alerts unless i open it. yahoo constantly shows how many new emails i have on the icon. i dont want that running. i only want to check that email when i open it, and that's not often. i cant seem to find that option. anyone know?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yahoo mail>options>select account>notifications

Sent from my fascinate

OP
C

Conz

Reaction score
Yahoo mail>options>select account>notifications

Sent from my fascinate

i have them set to off, yet it still shows me the number of new emails, which i have to assume means it's running. weird.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im not sure then. It may be different on the inc2 than on my fascinate.

Sent from my fascinate

OP
C

Conz

Reaction score
Go to menu>accounts and sync>select your yahoo mail and set the sync time to manual.

i feel like a moron, but "sync time" isn't an option. "sync mail" is there, but if i click that it starts synching it. I have "update when opened off" and the updated schedule says 15 minutes, when i click that it says "Days" and lists all the week days. Do i just shut those all off?