Can you school me please?

DOC540I

Reaction score
guys,

My names DOC and im a newb to the droid community. I have had a several Iphones and got tired of them. I have decided to try out droid for all of the customization with them.

I have a new Incredible and would very much like to try some of the themes that are posted on here.

I had read the FAQS sections and from what i can get from it is that in order to apply these themes, you must first root your phone. Am I correct?

Also, before i do any such thing, of course i need to back up my phone, but all the threads i have read, people are doing so with PC's but i'm a mac guy and have a macbook pro.

Can someone please school me on the basics on what I need to do to apply a new theme?

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Welcome to the forum. We have a section dedicated to the Incredible where I believe you can find all the answers you need on how to root your phone and how to install the ROM of your choice. To get there, click on the Forum tab at the top of the page, scroll down until you see the Incredible section then read and have fun. There are also a lot of very knowledgeable folks there that can answer any and all of your questions.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum - you are definitely in the right place, I am not a Mac user so I won't be able to help you in that aspect but someone here will be able to :)

S-f-m-D

OP
D

DOC540I

Reaction score
thank you. i will post in the incredible section. I just posted here first as its the introduction section.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!! like dlwhtrose and tp said, you're in the right place. i'm not a mac user either, but i know there's info in here to help you out, as well as plenty of friendly people willing to assist. browse around, post around, and stick around! :)