new verizon widget

beckeann

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
It stays on the Notification bar And I dont like it. How can I remove it? And the data widget on home screens is stupid. I Dont like that big widget. My husbands widget is still the little guy.

markwebb

Reaction score
It stays on the Notification bar And I dont like it. How can I remove it? And the data widget on home screens is stupid. I Dont like that big widget. My husbands widget is still the little guy.

It happened to me. I just cleared the notification bar. I also made sure it was not a running service. I also added it to Home Screen as a shortcut, not a widget (not a big fan of running widgets) and the icon is smaller.
Subsequent openings of the widget did not place it back on the notification bar and is working fine for me now.
I like the new widget: gives me all of my account information a bit more attractively than prior version, IMHO.

Last edited:
OP
beckeann

beckeann

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
Thanks. I didn't know you could clear the notification bar. Lol got to looking around and saw that. Again Thanks. And I did realize I didnt want or need the widget but the shortcut. I love this forum because if I can't figure it out someone already has.

Golden Smith

Reaction score
I don't know much about the Omnia but I have the Voyager and I'm not very happy with it. It has some quirky features that are still bugging me after four months (like having to press at least four or more things just to dial a contact's number) and the touch screen isn't always responsive. It's a little better since I got the software update on the phone but it still acts up. I do like the qwerty keyboard and that works great.
Verizon gives you a 30 day return on any phone. So, if you don't like your choice just take it back within those 30 days. I thought I would get used to the Voyager but now I'm stuck with it.