new to the og

casper55117

Reaction score
i recently aquired an og droid to play with. it has a few issues. i would just like a little advice on how to go about fixing them. 1 need new digitizer it is doing its own thing lol i call it the ghost screen and the back key doesnt work.(is there a keyboard shortcut for a back button). and 2 the case has been abused. well i guess the whole phone has been but it is also missing the vol button. i found the screen/digitizer fairly cheep. cant seem to find the case though.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
i recently aquired an og droid to play with. it has a few issues. i would just like a little advice on how to go about fixing them. 1 need new digitizer it is doing its own thing lol i call it the ghost screen and the back key doesnt work.(is there a keyboard shortcut for a back button). and 2 the case has been abused. well i guess the whole phone has been but it is also missing the vol button. i found the screen/digitizer fairly cheep. cant seem to find the case though.

I wouldn't count the existing digitizer down for the count yet. First take either a very thin piece of plastic or thin piece of paperboard (like the backing from a package) and gently slip it into the gap between the glass and metal Bezel surround, and slide it along the gap to lift out any debris. Then get yourself some tuner cleaner in a can (don't use contact cleaner since it leaves an oily residue), and spray along the very edge, down between the glass and the black metal to flush & blow out any remaining reside.

This should bring the digitizer back from the dead.

Add for the case, check back here tomorrow and I'll post a link to where I bought the case for my D2 from. They had D1 cases as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
casper55117

casper55117

Reaction score
I wouldn't count the existing digitizer down for the count yet. First take either a very thin piece of plastic or thin piece of paperboard (like the backing from a package) and gently slip it into the gap between the glass and metal Bezel surround, and slide it along the gap to lift out any debris. Then get yourself some tuner cleaner in a can (don't use contact cleaner since it leaves an oily residue), and spray along the very edge, down between the glass and the black metal to flush & blow out any remaining reside.

This should bring the digitizer back from the dead.

Add for the case, check back here tomorrow and I'll post a link to where I bought the case for my D2 from. They had D1 cases as well.

any luck with that link. i still cant find the case

Axium

Reaction score
You don't need a case for this phone. Its as tough as a brick lol. I've dropped mine plenty of times and no damage.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Man I just threw away two already apart Droid ones bc I had no use for them...you can find most parts on Ebay.

OP
casper55117

casper55117

Reaction score
You don't need a case for this phone. Its as tough as a brick lol. I've dropped mine plenty of times and no damage.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
if you read my post it says i need a new case because the one on it not only is beat up it is broken and cracked the power button can slide out and it had NO vol button. yes i know this phone is a tank but it was owned by someone in the military. who also skateboards on a regular basis. this phone is beyond beat up

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
any luck with that link. i still cant find the case

Sorry I didn't get back with the info. I was tied up with a Family issue. I'll try to find it tomorrow.

OP
casper55117

casper55117

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't get back with the info. I was tied up with a Family issue. I'll try to find it tomorrow.

its all good fam is more important. thankyou

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Looks to me like you need the whole casing for the phone...have you checked Ebay?

OP
casper55117

casper55117

Reaction score
Looks to me like you need the whole casing for the phone...have you checked Ebay?
ya i checked ebay and only found one and they wanted i think like $50 for it. i cant justify spending that much when i see them on craigs list for a lot less. and the only thing i will be using the phone for is teaching my self more about android. just figured someone might know where to get the casing cheap. but i guess not