Droid screen swap.

droidonefanatic

Reaction score
Hello all, I just have a quick question on fixing the screen on my OG Droid. I have never worked inside of a phone before and I thought this would be a fun phone to learn on. I have 2 broken Droids, one of which the touch screen doesn't work (The screen lights up and displays everything perfectly, but touching won't work). The other phone the screen won't work (The back light will shine a little, but nothing will appear). So my question is, can I put the two phones together to make one whole Droid? Or has the same piece gone bad on both? Will I have to buy a new LCD Digitizer for either one I want to fix? Thanks in advance.

Dave Lister

Reaction score
Sounds like two different parts have gone bad between the two phones. The digitizer is a sensor that sits on top of the display and handles the touch control. You can take the one from the Droid with the non-functional LCD and put it on the Droid where the touch control isn't working.

phonetool

Reaction score
The touch sensor on my first droid went bonkers and was selecting things by itself. A little Google diagnosis led to the assumption that the digitizer was faulty.
I didn't try to fix it, but found some good info about how to replace it.

My choice was get another droid used for $50 or spend about $30 for parts and tools and do a finicky DIY repair with no guarantee.

Anyway, search a bit and you'll find how-to videos.

-CM7 on DInc2