New to the ANDROID platform, but not to Motorola

TNVet

Reaction score
I have had my Motorola Pro for less than two weeks now and already am not very happy. I am coming from a RIM BB Tour which I was very happy with, but it got distroyed and Verizon gave me the Moto Droid Pro for free. I thought it would be easy for me to ajust to due to the similar keyboard, and it has.
For what I don't like, I talk very little, but use the device for my gmail, and facebook, along with the calender quite often. I think I must have a defective battery for one, as it will not hold a charge for more than 4-5 hours, is this typical? That is with the Wi-Fi off, and the Bluetooth off as well, I think it is discusting.
Also, I am constantly getting error messages, all of which either say "Force close or wait", am I the only person who is getting these type messages or is this typical?
I would really like to talk with someone who knows the Motorola Droid Pro inside and out.
Respectfully,
Adam:icon_ banana:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Adam

Sorry to hear about your experience with your Droid Pro so far, I can understand why you're frustrated.

Your battery life should not be so short, that's for sure even if you are sending an email or checking it every couple minutes. I recommend you check your settings for anything automatic (GPS, wifi, brightness, etc.) and shut them off to manual mode, this will save a ton of battery. Also in the settings you can go to check what is taking up so much battery ( settings --> about phone --> battery use). If it's an automatic updating app, I recommend you change it to a later autoupdate time or even turn it off to make it manual.

As for your FCs, what apps are you using to get those messages? The first thing I would do is go to Settings --> apps --> find the app and then clear the cache&data. Hopefully this should work to fix all the FCs you're having.

Another thing that could be draining your battery so quickly is the lack of signal, so your phone is constantly searching. Try updating the roaming capabilities by dialing *228 and option 2. I personally do this every 2-3 months to keep it well updated.

If you still get these errors please report back and I actually you bring it up in the General Discussion area, where most of us spend our time.

Again welcome to the board and the world of Android.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF!!

Sorry to hear about your issues. Hopefully we can help you get some of them figured out.