Jonesing for the android OS...Motorola CLIQ?

Rdata

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a geeky "dumb phone" user in Wisconsin and I'm primed to sign up with Verizon for an android phone.

I admit I was skeptical of the Motorola line of phones..and I know an engineer who actually still has a job at M.

However last week on the Gadget Pron segment of Attack of the Show, Chris Hardwick and Olivia Munn gave pretty good marks to the Motorola CLIQ and the Droid as well as the HTC Eris. I think the lowest one was a 4 out of 5 which is a very good rating from them. I've seen AOTS trash crappy products, which is more than I can say about many electronics reviewers. (...isn't that about right, CNET?)

I went out to Best Buy and chatted up a rep who let me get hands on with the HTC Hero. VERY nice feel..but not available through Verizon.

I've looked at the processor in the Droid and I'm wondering if it has the chops to adequately handle multitasking on Android 2.0. 528 mHz...think it can really handle it? I know Android is Linux and not Windows but....

So thanks for tagging along to my roundabout question: Is the Motorola CLIQ going to make an appearance on Verizon, and if so when? (Yah, I know..get in line with all the other fanboys who want their fave phone through Verizon..but hey I've gotta ask.)

Anybody have a take on the Motorola CLIQ on Verizon and a possible ship date?

P.S. My crappy Kyocera KX16 has like a 6 hour battery STANDBY time so it's time to retire it.

Last edited:

SEGA

Reaction score
I saw the same Attack Of The Show, it was the Halloween Special.

The gave it a 4 out of 5 mainly because of no Multi-touch and the clustered keyboard.

But still loved the phone regardless, I think the open source of Android 2.0 is the bang for your buck, and Verizon's 3G network coverage is the icing on the cake.

[video=youtube;JOmin4c1dZ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOmin4c1dZ0[/video]

Last edited:
OP
R

Rdata

Reaction score
Droid is fast

Well I stand corrected on the Droid's speed. Turns out BGR says this is the "fastest" Android phone they've seen.

As for the Verizon network...it's my reason for switching to them. I'd say Verizon's coverage is my meat and potatoes. Can't wait.

Last edited: