New to forum ! Thinking about root!

Buddabeer

Reaction score
What up everybody,good to be on, alot of good info in here. Ive had my driod for about six months and I love it. Im thinking about rooting this bad boy soon so if you guys want to help out be my guest I think ima go with doroot or z4root and back up with bootstrap and rom man. Let me know what you guys think !!!!

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum.
Seems like you have either been lurking here for a while or you had a previous android phone. But you seem to have the jest of what to do to install a custom rom. Just make sure that after you root, run Bootstrap and boot into recovery and make a backup. It helps to have a backup of the stock rom if you have any problems down the road.
If you have any questions just ask. Someone is always here to help.
Enjoy your stay with us.:)

OP
B

Buddabeer

Reaction score
Quick question is there any driver that can update for free? Just curious.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
B

Buddabeer

Reaction score
Like a device driver like a 64 bit driver

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
For connecting your phone to your PC? I can give you the Motorola driver right now if you'd like.

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/Experiences/Global_Drivers/USB_Drivers_bit_4.7.1.zip

Motorola Mobile Phone USB Drivers (for Windows®)

This USB Driver is used for connecting your Motorola Mobile Phone to a Windows® computer via a USB cable in order to charge your phone or to access the data on your phone.
Supported Handsets

This USB Driver supports most Motorola Android, Motorola OS, Motorola Linux OS, Motorola iDEN, Motorola Symbian/UIQ, Motorola Windows Mobile® and Motorola i-mode Handsets.
System Requirements

• A 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows 2000®, Windows XP®, Windows Vista® or Windows 7® Operating system.
  • You must have Administrator permission to install this driver.
Notes

• Please reboot the system after installing the USB Driver.
  • Installation of Motorola Phone Tools may affect the performance of this driver. Please re-install the USB Driver after the installation of Motorola Phone Tools.
  • MotoConnect is a PC application that keeps your Motorola device drivers up-to-date. Additionally, on supported phones, MotoConnect can launch the owner support page for your phone giving you easy access to user guides, FAQs, tutorials, videos and more.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What he said!

For connecting your phone to your PC? I can give you the Motorola driver right now if you'd like.

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/Experiences/Global_Drivers/USB_Drivers_bit_4.7.1.zip

Motorola Mobile Phone USB Drivers (for Windows®)

This USB Driver is used for connecting your Motorola Mobile Phone to a Windows® computer via a USB cable in order to charge your phone or to access the data on your phone.
Supported Handsets

This USB Driver supports most Motorola Android, Motorola OS, Motorola Linux OS, Motorola iDEN, Motorola Symbian/UIQ, Motorola Windows Mobile® and Motorola i-mode Handsets.
System Requirements

• A 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows 2000®, Windows XP®, Windows Vista® or Windows 7® Operating system.
  • You must have Administrator permission to install this driver.
Notes

• Please reboot the system after installing the USB Driver.
  • Installation of Motorola Phone Tools may affect the performance of this driver. Please re-install the USB Driver after the installation of Motorola Phone Tools.
  • MotoConnect is a PC application that keeps your Motorola device drivers up-to-date. Additionally, on supported phones, MotoConnect can launch the owner support page for your phone giving you easy access to user guides, FAQs, tutorials, videos and more.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
B

Buddabeer

Reaction score
Yeah but if you need to update anything on your pc am I going to have to register and pay

OP
B

Buddabeer

Reaction score
Thats all I was asking no big deal I have a 64 bit motorola driver

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Not really sure what you're asking, but anything that's going to cost you money will warn you in advance. All updates to the phone are handled OTA (though you can do manual installs) and are free. Membership here is free unless you choose to pay. Most apps we'll recommend to you are free, and even half the paid ones for root users are available from the dev for free -- ROM Manager has a free version, Bootstrapper is available free from Koush (I can provide the link if you so wish). :)

What in particular are you worried about? Maybe we can allay your fears.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah but if you need to update anything on your pc am I going to have to register and pay

No you don't have to register and pay for updates to the Motorola drivers.

Damn its cold outside.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I didn't pay for the driver I have either.

No you don't have to register and pay for updates to the Motorola drivers.

Damn its cold outside.

DroidForums junkie!!