New to Droid Forum

kelliejcook

Reaction score
Hi my name is Kellie. I have a Droid 2 and Droid Global. I am having a major frustrating issue with my D2. I dropped it, well actually, it fell outta my sweater pocket into the toilet when I bent over to lift the lid up to sit. TMI I know! haha anyways...it has dried out since and when I power it on it says Bootloader D2.37 Battery OK OK to program Transfer Mode:USB. I have NO idea what this means, other than that the battery is good and can be re-programmed....but the question is, HOW?! My computer recognized it once but wont anymore after dropping it in the toilet. So needlesstosay Im frustrated and freaking out, because I have been without this phone for 4 days now. I was forced to purchase a new Droid through an upgrade. But I still need this other phone to work as one is for work and one for personal use. Can anyone PLEASE HELP ME! What can I do without the help of Verizon because supposedly they couldnt help me with it. :(

Canadroid

Reaction score
Hi my name is Kellie. I have a Droid 2 and Droid Global. I am having a major frustrating issue with my D2. I dropped it, well actually, it fell outta my sweater pocket into the toilet when I bent over to lift the lid up to sit. TMI I know! haha anyways...it has dried out since and when I power it on it says Bootloader D2.37 Battery OK OK to program Transfer Mode:USB. I have NO idea what this means, other than that the battery is good and can be re-programmed....but the question is, HOW?! My computer recognized it once but wont anymore after dropping it in the toilet. So needlesstosay Im frustrated and freaking out, because I have been without this phone for 4 days now. I was forced to purchase a new Droid through an upgrade. But I still need this other phone to work as one is for work and one for personal use. Can anyone PLEASE HELP ME! What can I do without the help of Verizon because supposedly they couldnt help me with it. :(

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about your D2's trip to the pool!

How long did you allow it to dry, and in what state of dis-assembly?

That message on boot up 'Bootloader D2.37 Battery OK OK to program Transfer Mode:USB' is encouraging but makes me wonder if you would need to re-flash entirely at this point with a program called RSD Lite. Odd though there is no 'Corrupt Code' msg in there too...