New to android, how do I install app?

billygalbreath

Developer
Reaction score
If you find an app on the internet thats not in the market you need to download it to your SDCard.

Then go to the Market and search for an app called Astro File Manager (its free). This app will let you browse your SDCard to locate the app you downloaded from the internet and install it directly. Just click on the file and it will popup asking to open or install. Choose install, obviously.

Your first time installing an app from Astro you will get a warning message telling you it cannot install 3rd party apps, then it will take you to a Settings page. Click the very top checkbox (Unknown Sources). Then go back to Astro and try to install again and it will work just fine.

I know its a lot to take in at first, but its very simple. Hope I helped! :D

OP
B

BKSinAZ

Reaction score
Thanks, but how do I download to my phone? I thought I was suppose to clik on the square bar code on that site, but when I do I get a message "There are no matches in Android Market for the search; pname:com.d3fcon.android.livetv

I am lost....

If you find an app on the internet thats not in the market you need to download it to your SDCard.

Then go to the Market and search for an app called Astro File Manager (its free). This app will let you browse your SDCard to locate the app you downloaded from the internet and install it directly. Just click on the file and it will popup asking to open or install. Choose install, obviously.

Your first time installing an app from Astro you will get a warning message telling you it cannot install 3rd party apps, then it will take you to a Settings page. Click the very top checkbox (Unknown Sources). Then go back to Astro and try to install again and it will work just fine.

I know its a lot to take in at first, but its very simple. Hope I helped! :D

sremex

Reaction score
That app doesn't work on the droid x as of now, because you need 2.2 for it to work.

OP
B

BKSinAZ

Reaction score
when will 2.2 come out? Will I be able to download it for free once it comes out?

That app doesn't work on the droid x as of now, because you need 2.2 for it to work.