New Rom Question

holeshot

Reaction score
Im rooted and unstalled new rom How do I get app brain back on the phone So I can re sync

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just download it from the market again.

OP
holeshot

holeshot

Reaction score
Just download it from the market again.

Thats what I cant figure out how. Sorry I am having trouble with clockwork mod to load now that I have new rom

Last edited:

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're going to have to be more specific: what exactly did you do? It honestly just sounds like you have no idea what you're doing, which may or may not be the case, and will affect how we can help you.

OP
holeshot

holeshot

Reaction score
You're going to have to be more specific: what exactly did you do? It honestly just sounds like you have no idea what you're doing, which may or may not be the case, and will affect how we can help you.

I rooted a week back Installed rom manager flashed clockworkmod .....

Decided to load latest version of cyanogenmod and did the install from rom manager I did wipe ... like it asked. Phone booted fine with the new rom and apps that came with his rom . I set up my mail account, wireless to my home router...

I just need to figure out how to put appbrain back on the phone so I can reload the apps I had.

Your right I am new but I have read a a ton but this is something I missed.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didnt mean it in a disparaging way, we were all new at one point. It's simply that your experience level has an impact on how we can help you out.

You should simply be able to go into the market, and download the app again. If you change primary Google accounts, then you will lose access to the apps you paid for.

What exactly is keeping you from going into the market and downloading Brain?

OP
holeshot

holeshot

Reaction score
I didnt mean it in a disparaging way, we were all new at one point. It's simply that your experience level has an impact on how we can help you out.

You should simply be able to go into the market, and download the app again. If you change primary Google accounts, then you will lose access to the apps you paid for.

What exactly is keeping you from going into the market and downloading Brain?

I understand Not offended by any means. How do I get the app icon back on the phone So I can sync. Thats what I cant figure out.

virtualhuman

Reaction score
I think the question here, holeshot, is what happens when you open the Market, try to find the app, and try to download it. Are you saying you don't have the Market icon? You said you're on Cyanogen - if you don't, you need to choose to install Google apps when you install the ROM.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I understand, I just dont understand where the problem is. Is the app installed? It sounds like it's not....

What exactly is the app called?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the question here, holeshot, is what happens when you open the Market, try to find the app, and try to download it. Are you saying you don't have the Market icon? You said you're on Cyanogen - if you don't, you need to choose to install Google apps when you install the ROM.

Thank you for helping to clear this up.

ExactDroid

Reaction score
You most likely didn't select to install google apps when prompted.... and you don't have the market installed.... re-install the rom and select install google apps when prompted. Then you will have the google apps and market again.

OP
holeshot

holeshot

Reaction score

Thats what I didnt select. Google apps Option. But now I can get clockworksmod to flash I keep getting error while flashing your recovery

Last edited:

virtualhuman

Reaction score

Thats what I didnt select. Google apps Option
Reinstall and select and that will solve your problems.

OP
holeshot

holeshot

Reaction score
So Since I cant get clockworks to flash do I need to go in to flash alt recovery and start from scratch? Or can i find the file install it to my SD re name it update.zip and install it that way?

Last edited: