New Rom Question

virtualhuman

Reaction score
So Since I cant get clockworks to flash do I need to go in to flash alt recovery and start from scratch?
You still have Clockwork for your recovery; you just don't have ROM Manager to automate this process for you at the moment.

Easiest thing to do, since Koush's installation instructions are to use ROM Manager from the Market to install Cyanogen, is to boot into recovery and load your backup (you did make a backup, right...?) and try again. You get into recovery by holding "X" on the keyboard while the phone is powering up.

OP
holeshot

holeshot

Reaction score
So Since I cant get clockworks to flash do I need to go in to flash alt recovery and start from scratch?
You still have Clockwork for your recovery; you just don't have ROM Manager to automate this process for you at the moment.

Easiest thing to do, since Koush's installation instructions are to use ROM Manager from the Market to install Cyanogen, is to boot into recovery and load your backup (you did make a backup, right...?) and try again. You get into recovery by holding "X" on the keyboard while the phone is powering up.

Yes I backed up :)

ExactDroid

Reaction score
your best bet is to install clockwordmod again and just install cyanogen the proper way with google apps.

Why did you remove it to begin with?

OP
holeshot

holeshot

Reaction score
your best bet is to install clockwordmod again and just install cyanogen the proper way with google apps.

Did not remove it Its just when I did the rom download through rom manager I didnt select google apps

Why did you remove it to begin with?

Yes I backed up :)
I ran my back up through clockworksmod and the phone is fine now . See I missed the obvious and I appreciate everyones help. So now I know that I need to hit that option next time.