New razr hd and no pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ezdetect

Reaction score
Had Motorola send me a new Razr. The sd card wont bring up the existing pics on the new phone, so I tried on the old phone and they work fine. Even tried hooking up the old phone to the lap top and was able to get the pics to the laptop. but still wont work on the new phone. Any ideas. thanks the newbie

hayn

Reaction score
Had Motorola send me a new Razr. The sd card wont bring up the existing pics on the new phone, so I tried on the old phone and they work fine. Even tried hooking up the old phone to the lap top and was able to get the pics to the laptop. but still wont work on the new phone. Any ideas. thanks the newbie

You sure its saved to the SD card not the device storage?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
+1 ^

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
ezdetect

ezdetect

Reaction score
I looked is the device storage and it was not there either. it showed up under the sd card not the internal storage.

OP
ezdetect

ezdetect

Reaction score
When I look at it thru the new razr on my computer the pics show up as Chinese writing in the place of the pic. in the new razr phone not the old one.

ambrown

Reaction score

You could try mounting and unmounting the card. I've noticed since Android phones don't recognize SD cards right away. Try going to settings>storage (under "device")>unmount SD card. Then I've it's unmounted remount the SD card in the same place. This makes your phone communicate with the SD card and often the missing files then show up within a few minutes.

Or you could even try an app that rescans the SD card for you. This one seems to do the job:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...=organic&utm_term=sd+card+scanner+google+play

jimmythegent

Reaction score
This is exactly one of the downfalls of Android and SD Cards, has been since I started with Android devices 5 years ago, even 1.6 had this issue. FAIL.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
.... Never has this problem and I've been with Droid since the beginning. Jimmy has no luck with Android....

jimmythegent

Reaction score
.... Never has this problem and I've been with Droid since the beginning. Jimmy has no luck with Android....

Look, this week, I am going to call Verizon and tell them my phone is crap. All sorts of stuff, it should have a one year warranty, if I get a new phone back and it still has issues (SD Card, freezing, lagging, etc) then what?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
You won't. BECAUSE YOUR PHONE IS BROKEN. :D

I have been carrying around my photos on my SD card since 2009. It has been in 5 different phones. Not one phone has ever had a problem displaying those pics. Adding more pics to the card. Storing Video or MP3. I've also been carrying around 15GB of music on it. (Started at 10 on the first phone).

You said yourself in one of your posts that your SIM card slot is messed up. Um... isn't that where the SD card goes? Coincidence???