Droid Razr HD Docks

Garoad

Reaction score
Is it me, or is it a little confusing looking for a dock for this phone? It looks like there are Razr docks, but on Amazon it says "This product does not work with the Motorola DROID RAZR HD".
?????

Amazon.com: Motorola HD Dock with Rapid Wall Charger for DROID RAZR - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

What crap is this? It's titled "Motorola HD Dock with Rapid Wall Charger for DROID RAZR".

So, does that mean the dock is "HD" meant for a "non HD" regular Razr? (whatever that "HD" is supposed to mean) This is silly, how different could they possibly be that a simple dock won't work? (Apparently Motorola needs to fire the bozos coming up with their device naming schemes, unless it's their intent to confuse, in which case they've succeeded.)

Needless to say, I don't really monitor phone hardware releases, so it's a little confusing. Under my phone's "model" in the settings, it calls it a "Droid Razr HD".

Anyway, does anyone know if there's a dock for this phone (yet)? I just want to be able to charge it without a loose cord, and it'd be nice to see the time/weather like a bedside clock...

jaseq

Reaction score
Is it me, or is it a little confusing looking for a dock for this phone? It looks like there are Razr docks, but on Amazon it says "This product does not work with the Motorola DROID RAZR HD".
?????

Amazon.com: Motorola HD Dock with Rapid Wall Charger for DROID RAZR - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

What crap is this? It's titled "Motorola HD Dock with Rapid Wall Charger for DROID RAZR".

So, does that mean the dock is "HD" meant for a "non HD" regular Razr? (whatever that "HD" is supposed to mean) This is silly, how different could they possibly be that a simple dock won't work? (Apparently Motorola needs to fire the bozos coming up with their device naming schemes, unless it's their intent to confuse, in which case they've succeeded.)

Needless to say, I don't really monitor phone hardware releases, so it's a little confusing. Under my phone's "model" in the settings, it calls it a "Droid Razr HD".

Anyway, does anyone know if there's a dock for this phone (yet)? I just want to be able to charge it without a loose cord, and it'd be nice to see the time/weather like a bedside clock...

That dock is simply HD, hence the name, and it's meant for the regular RAZR and RAZR MAXX.
The RAZR HD/MAXX HD do have a dock, not quite specifically made just for them but they do have a dock.

Universal Tablet & Cell Phone Stand - Motorola Mobility LLC. USA

OP
Garoad

Garoad

Reaction score
Hmm... the problem with that for me, it's a little silly. Not too keen on the idea of having it on a pedestal in the air like that. Looks like it'll fall over or get knocked over (I'd manage to do that, anyway).

clintro

Reaction score
I am waiting for a real dock as well. I dont want to have and plug it in manually everytime. Give us a dock or allow wireless charging.

OP
Garoad

Garoad

Reaction score
I'm concerned about that USB plug going bad after repeatedly plugging in the power cord. Charging with a dock is a little harder to screw it up IMO. So wireless charging doesn't work either? I was hoping maybe they built that in, at least.

"At least it's not a crippled piece of garbage iPhone."

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
There has been desk dock for the the Razr HD before the phone came oit as it can use the same newer universal dock that works on most of the newer Motorola phones/tabs. There is one w/ 3 USB ports(gun metal grey) & one w/o USB ports(black), I have both of them. There isn't quite enough adjustment for the Razr HD to be perfectly centered though as the USB/HDMI plugs are closer to the bottom edge on this device than the others, personally I wish they would have put them at the center of the device like on the tabs so the USB wouldn't in the way of the keyboard while in portrait & for better fit on the desk docks.

Here's a pic of the box for the dock w/o the USB ports & the actual dock w/ the USB ports. uploadfromtaptalk1353960942254.jpg

I'll post a pic of the Razr HD in the later(as I'm using it to make this post).

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
OK, here's the the Razr HD docked in bedside mode & the back side of the dock with the USB portsuploadfromtaptalk1353962130439.jpg

RVnut

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the dock. Where did you buy it and what is the model number?

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
The one w/o USB ports is CSD-8109 & I ordered straight from Motorola with my car dock & device edition. The one w/ USB ports is CSD-8115 & I got it off eBay ironically for less than the other.