New Phone...

matukqo

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm currently back on my old Tbolt looking for a new device from Verizon. Due to certain circumstances beyond my control I am going to be losing my unlimited data for the share everything plan. I am looking for a new device and currently am looking at the Droid MAXX due to large battery and 32gb space and the Moto X 32gb version. Just looking for your input on what would be the best device. Thanks to any and all suggestions.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
There's going to be a good selection of Moto devices releasing along side the Moto X. I think the X could last as long as the Maxx due to the software tweaks and hardware, but if you want to be sure the Maxx is still the way to go.

I think the Note 2 and the s4 are both solid options as well. The Note 2's massive battery will keep you running as long as a Maxx can, and the s4 is no slouch either when it comes to battery life. Those 3 phones are great, and I'm sure the X will be a great choice as well, but I personally need some hands on time before declaring it to be a "great" phone.

OP
M

matukqo

Reaction score
I tend to shy away from the "phablet" devices because I feel they are just too big to use as a phone.

Those who have the S4 hows is the battery life on the device with a moderate usage through the day?

milkman5306

Reaction score
This is with moderate use, gps on, wifi off.
ve8ydaby.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
This is light to moderate use battery life.

I use batteryguru and greenify. I also turn off all radios at night as well to stretch battery life even more. I'd say I lose about 4% or less overnight. If I leave radios on overnight (Wifi and data) then I lose close to 6% overnight

7e2unepy.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy s4 via Tapatalk 4

OP
M

matukqo

Reaction score
Just would like to say.... You've convinced me....

Proud new owner of the Samsung Galaxy S4

cbsstone872

Reaction score
I was just going to add, expandable memory. The new Moto line, since they are now owned by Google, will NOT have expandable memory. So what you get inside (8, 16, or 32 gig) is it. To me, thats a deal breaker. I have the Droid Razr Maxx HD & have been eyeing (spelling?) the Samsung GS4. I still have 30 days lefto n my exchange/return policy but with all the bloatware on the GS4, I'm thinking I made the right choice in the Maxx HD.

OP
M

matukqo

Reaction score
I was just going to add, expandable memory.

One of the main deciding factors for me to go to the S4. Although I am not a fan of all the bloat the phone runs like a champ so i just disabled most of the bloat. The sd card slot was a big deal for me, with all the music and movies I have I like being able to play them without having to worry about data usage as I only have 2gbs (Thanks VZW...)