New phone over next few weeks

brettd

Reaction score
In march I bought a droid x through costco with the intent on exchanging it through their 90 day return policy. Therefore, I need to get a new phone over the next 2 or so weeks. My droid x was my first android device and I kept it stock, with my next phone I am definitely going to root/use a custom rom. I am unsure which phone I should buy.

Regarding 4g phones, the thunderbolt is not available, the charge feels cheap/looks ugly and is apparently slow, and the revolution which should arrive on thursday but the camera is only 5MP and I really enjoy the photo quality from my DX.

This leaves me with the droid x2 and the incredible 2. What I want to know is how does the dual core in the droid x2 compare to the extra ram in the incredible 2 for real world performance, is the battery life similar and does blur vs sense matter at all if I root?

Otherwise its a shootout between a nicer screen and a smaller phone with a front facing camera.

Last edited:

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Well if your looking for more custom things to do to a phone after root then def need to go with the dx2 for sure or keep the 1 you got either way....the dinc doesn't have near the themes and rom choices as the dx and the dx2 will have in the future

Blame the figures not me!!!

OP
B

brettd

Reaction score
Really? I thought HTC phones are more open and will the droid x roms work for the x2?

HEMLOCK

Reaction score
Really? I thought HTC phones are more open and will the droid x roms work for the x2?

As far as i know, the Incredible 2 hasn't even gained root access yet. The DX2 was rooted within hours.

And no, i don't think X Roms will work on the X2, but i am patiently waiting & hoping it gets some support!

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Yea that's a neg on flashing x roms on x2 and as of right now can't really do much bc there's no sbf either....and the X has WAY more customization than dinc for sure

Blame the figures not me!!!

OP
B

brettd

Reaction score
This is still the inc2 and the x2 we are talking about, right?

OP
B

brettd

Reaction score
To add even more options, the thunderbolt is available, which I like the feel of. I am now considering this alongside the droid x2 in place of the incredible 2. Has anyone had both of these phones to compare overall performance especially of extra ram+4g vs dual core. Also, under normal use will the thunderbolt easily last a full day and is it difficult to get swype on it?

Last edited: