best 200 dollar droid?

Devski

Reaction score
alright so my phone **** the bed and i am looking to upgrade. I'm either looking at an lg revolution, droid x2, incredible 2 , or a droid 3. so basically every phone in the 200 dollar range. from what ive read people seem to love the incredible 2 but on the other hand the revolution is 4g but why is there so much hate about it? But i guess theres gottta be a reason that they dropped it to 250 to 200. Alright well if you guys dont mind giving your opinions thanks!

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
How about a phone for free? If you are the primary line you can get all but the D3 for free on wirefly.com. I bought two Dinc2 from them. I'm loving the phone. Big but not too big, rootable if you don't do the GB update first (wait to activate it, root, then activate). I'm on GB myself and have no real issues.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
D

Devski

Reaction score
what do you mean by root it? sorry this would be my first smart phone

droidman101

Reaction score
Depends whether you have 4g in your area. If you don't, go for the droid 3 or droid x2 (they have dual core processors). Of those two, the droid 3 has the better processor and comes with a keyboard. The dinc 2 doesnt have dual core nor a keyboard.

OP
D

Devski

Reaction score
yeah im right under boston so i i would think i have the 4g

droidman101

Reaction score
yeah im right under boston so i i would think i have the 4g

Most of the LTE phones have horrible (and I mean HORRIBLE) battery life due to some person making the LTE antennas power hogs. You would only get barely enough hours of battery to get through the day on the Revolution by using it with LTE and browing the internet/ doing other things most of that time.

The droid 3 and droid x2 (and droid incredible) would get much better battery life (though they sacrifice the blazing fast LTE for a slower (but less power-hungry) 3g)

OP
D

Devski

Reaction score
but i also herd the dual core on the x2 isnt really anything and the incredible 2 is just as fast as it

OP
D

Devski

Reaction score
and i could care less about 4g to be honest

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
For a first time smart phone owner the specs won't matter a lot. Any phone you get will be fast. Its all a matter of opinion as to which one is better than the others. Go to the Verizon store and decide for yourself. Another tool to help you decide is to read how many people have problems with their phones here on the forums. It helped me. Don't buy the phone in store, as I stated above they are all free or close to it on wirefly.com. Happy hunting.

nikecar

Reaction score
I was a first time smartphone user. I've dealt with many at work for others, but this is my first. I was looking at the revolution and the Droid incredible 2. I didn't care for the form factor of the other droids from MOTO. Not very comfortable to hold imho.

So between the rev and DI2. I opted for the DI2 as I felt it fit my hands better. I liked the UI better, and the thing is fast with good battery life which helped to justify it.

The price was lower, but it was only $50 between them (50/100) so I could have taken the rev. But 4G I opted to pass over since the 3g was faster than what I had. I've.streamed music and netflix and we do have gingerbread which is nice. If I want to DL large files, ill do it on WiFi as home and work I use it with.

I can see if folks have smartphones prior, then yes, 4G would be.more of a priority. If you can deal with no physical keyboard and don't need 4G, then get the di2, you won't be sorry.