New Phone - Bricked within hours

OP
F

Finalchrono

Reaction score
I would, but I can't afford the deductible. The deductible is going to cost the amount of the phone itself, I found out when I called verizon. What the hell sense does that even make. Pointless warranty......

shmoo

Reaction score
Alright bud, I just did some quick searching around xda. It appears as tho the phone is new enough that there isn't much available for the phone as of yet. Do you still have your old phone? If so I would switch service over to it for a bit and give the dev community some time to develop the phone and its software further.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
PC, that's not warranty, that's insurance. Yes, that will cover it. VZW tech will do you no good except transfer you to Asurion. Their number is (888) 881-2622 or you can go online @ www.phoneclaim.com/verizon and file your claim there. The deductible will be $95.
Not trying to be rude by any means but, trying to get warranty on a device that has been bricked is exactly why we now have locked bootloaders.

manufacturer maybe but it should not effect extended warranty....it would be no different if your car ran over it or you dropped it in water. A non working phone is a non working phone. I would talk to a vzw tech rep via phone not store. Your extended warranty that you pay an extra 7 bucks a month should cover you. You will just have to pay the deductible...be honest call vzw ant tell them you damaged your phone and would like to use the extended warranty and pay the deductible..do this over the phone. Do not go in the store for anything except to buy accessories.

DroidForums junkie!!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
PC, that's not warranty, that's insurance. Yes, that will cover it. VZW tech will do you no good except transfer you to Asurion. Their number is (888) 881-2622 or you can go online @ www.phoneclaim.com/verizon and file your claim there. The deductible will be $95.
Not trying to be rude by any means but, trying to get warranty on a device that has been bricked is exactly why we now have locked bootloaders.

manufacturer maybe but it should not effect extended warranty....it would be no different if your car ran over it or you dropped it in water. A non working phone is a non working phone. I would talk to a vzw tech rep via phone not store. Your extended warranty that you pay an extra 7 bucks a month should cover you. You will just have to pay the deductible...be honest call vzw ant tell them you damaged your phone and would like to use the extended warranty and pay the deductible..do this over the phone. Do not go in the store for anything except to buy accessories.

DroidForums junkie!!

My bad I meant insurance....its late and I got my stuff mixed up let me edit that.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
droid does is right ...you messed up your device moddin so you can either try to recover it or pay the insurance deductible. I am sorry but that is all there is to it. If you are into modding i would highly suggest a droid.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It happens! Haha! Just didn't want anyone getting confused.
If the deductible amount is the problem (especially right here at Christmas), I'd do what was suggested earlier and use another phone until XDA or another dev site comes up with the recovery file (sbf) for it.

DroidForums junkie!!

My bad I meant insurance....its late and I got my stuff mixed up let me edit that.

DroidForums junkie!!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The xda forum do not have much on the vortex I did a lot of research and there is not much as far as development. Seriously if you are into roms you are better off getting a droid 1 off ebay and using that. Make sure the esn is clean.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I wish we could help you more and I will continue to search for a better solution. I have searched all the major forums so far and the only thing i found was fixing from recovery mode.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1 so do I!! :(
PC has a great idea on the Droid1 thing though I doubt it'll be cheaper than your deductible. The Vortex just released so the sbf could take some time unfortunately..

I wish we could help you more and I will continue to search for a better solution. I have searched all the major forums so far and the only thing i found was fixing from recovery mode.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
F

Finalchrono

Reaction score
This all goes back to me having no money. There's no way I can get a new phone. I had to save up to buy this cheapo $80 phone. I guess i'm just screwd for a while. I did try to use Asurion, but they said my problem isn't covered under the warranty and that I should contact the manufacturer. I wonder if I can't still walk into another verizon and try and get someone to get me a new phone. It's almost Christmas, maybe someone won't pull a douche card on me.

suzanne2of3

Reaction score
Try searching on android madaco it is a much better forum

Sent from my ZTE-RACER using DroidForums App

stonecaster

Reaction score
This all goes back to me having no money. There's no way I can get a new phone. I had to save up to buy this cheapo $80 phone. I guess i'm just screwd for a while. I did try to use Asurion, but they said my problem isn't covered under the warranty and that I should contact the manufacturer. I wonder if I can't still walk into another verizon and try and get someone to get me a new phone. It's almost Christmas, maybe someone won't pull a douche card on me.

A suggestion if you do go back to a store, if they ask you about rooting, don't say no you didnt, ask what they are talking about and act dumb. I can assure that if you know what rooting is they will know you tried it lol.
Good luck, just thinking about being without by Droid2 makes me feel your pain.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
All I am saying is if you can not recover your device and you are interested in rooting just take the 95 bucks and save a little more and get a droid off ebay. You would be better off. Or get a vortex and do not play with roms until you find a sure way to recover it.

OP
F

Finalchrono

Reaction score
Well I went into the store and acted dumb about the whole thing, was about to get a free replacement until the guy was getting a $35 restock fee. He then consulted with the manager and it turns out that I can only get this replaced over the phone seeing as I bought it from their website. I argued with a tech guy over the phone that I did not root the phone, but he insists that I did. I argued with him for about 5-10 minutes and finally said that I downloaded a weird app and installed it on the phone and then ran into a weird corrupt memory card issue before the phone reboot and is now messed up. So they said that my phone is rooted and the warranty is gone, and now I have to try and go through LG. Now I got through with LG and I have to send them the phone, but i'm wondering if they'll know what i've done with the phone once they get it. I'm thinking no because I couldn't even access it with my computer.

suzanne2of3

Reaction score
Because u have broken the boot process the likely hood that they would know is slim because the only way to fix ur phone is by doing a reflash

Sent from my ZTE-RACER using DroidForums App