New Operating system SD crash

teeshirtguy

Reaction score
The Sd card on my Droid became corrupt. My phone and my workers phone after new OS update.
Camera does not save pictures.
I reformatted the card. Still no good.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When you say the Sdcard become corrupt, what exactly do you mean? I know it's a moot point now as you've already formatted the card, just curious.

The first thing to do is to do a battery pull and restart the phone. I think, I'm not sure, but I think that will create the files on the sdcard that you need to be there. The "dcim" file is normally where the camera stores pictures and if you reformatted the card, I'm not sure at what point the files will be recreated by the OS, but I'm sure the reboot will do it. If this doesn't cure the issue of the camera not saving your pictures then read the next paragraph.

It sounds like a Factory Hard Reset may be in your future. I recommend doing the following in preparation for the FHR and then recovery will not be as painful: 1) from the home screen select menu/settings/privacy/ and make sure Backup My Data and Automatic Restore are checked. 2) On the home screen of which ever Launcher app you are using select Menu/Preferences and see if the launcher has a backup feature. If so, select backup and then you can reload your launcher screens by using the restore feature.

Good luck.