New Motorola Smartwatch Just Passed Through the FCC

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-360-watch-face-1200-80.jpg

Some of us were a bit disappointed that Motorola didn't announce a new Moto 360 smartwatch at their press event yesterday. Luckily, just because they didn't announce it, that doesn't mean it isn't coming. A new Motorola smartwatch just passed through its US FCC testing. This is likely the next generation Moto 360, although that is obviously not able to be confirmed from the FCC data.

We do know that it will come with the following connectivity options: Bluetooth Class 1 (Version 4.0, LE+EDR) and dual-band WiFi (802.11b/802.11g/802.11n). It's a shame that we aren't seeing an LTE radio on this device. Making smartwatches cellular capable will simply take them to the next level of usefulness. Of course, with today's tech, there's only so much you can cram into a smartwatch and still be a decent size with decent battery life.

Regardless, we suspect that Motorola will simply do a soft launch in a few weeks for the next generation Moto 360. We will keep you updated when that happens.

Source: FCC

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm guessing they wanted to have a separate, special event for the new 360. Can't lump it together with two new phones.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I bought my Moto360 at Bestbuy with the 2 year replacement. Well, after a new watch launches the old one will likely disappear off shelves and they'll refund my money and I can buy the new version. The back of mine cracked and I've been holding off to swap it for just this reason.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
The only thing that will get me to buy a new 360 is if they eliminate the flat tire. If it is still there I'll wait to see the market offers.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The flat tire is supposedly definitely gone. Otherwise, not much is changing accept Moto X-style customizations (bands and frames/casings).

I was really hoping for GPS, but have not seen that in any rumors.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I hope the flat tire is eliminated!
Oh yeah... and I want the proprietary band GONE.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
The black band at the bottom of the watch face that prevents it from making a complete circle. In the article picture look at the 6 o'clock position. Notice how the watch face and second hand are clipped? That's where the wires that drive the screen are attached.

Gremlin

Reaction score
What is the flat tyre???

If you look at the picture above, you see the red second hand. Below that you see a black gap. That is called a flat tire.

I don't mind the tire, some do

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Nope....FCC shows only bluetooth and wifi.

It will be disappointing if the only upgrades are aesthetic (and, well, fully inflating the tire).

I am one of the people that won't purchase a wrist worn notification device. I won't purchase this one either until they release an LTE version.

I want to leave my phone at home.

LTE! LTE! LTE!

Reactions: cr6

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I don't even notice the flat tire anymore. Wondering what else has changed to make this the "Moto 360 2"

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I am one of the people that won't purchase a wrist worn notification device. I won't purchase this one either until they release an LTE version.

I want to leave my phone at home.

LTE! LTE! LTE!

I don't care about LTE as my main motivation is fitness and I can't add a device to my plan without buying a new plan or scrapping unlimited. I'm fine being unplugged for an hour so long as it has bluetooth and wifi, but I really wanted to see a heart rate monitor AND gps.