[Rumint] Moto 360 Smartwatch Gets Launch Timeframe and Pricing Details

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-360.jpg

It's a jam-packed day of Motorola news. This next piece concerns the rumored price and launch timeframe of the new Moto 360 Androidwear powered smartwatch. According to the latest intel, Motorola plans to launch the Moto 360 smartwatch in July for a price of €249 (roughly $340 USD). Sadly, this rumor didn't include details as to wear it will launch. With this price tipped we can likely deduce it is either a European launch or an international one. Of course, that still leaves things pretty wide open.

The report did indicate that it will first ship in limited quantities due to both production issues and Motorola's desire to properly gauge the market. We will keep you apprised as more info arrives.

Source: BGR

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I've finally gotten tired of having to fish my phone out of my pocket to just get the time and recently purchased a watch. I'm rather happy with it and if that happiness continues I may consider looking at the Moto 360 when it is released. The fact that it looks like a watch is what has my interest peaked. I had a nice Citizen watch but because of a careless jeweler not making it waterproof and me going swimming it no longer works. I just sent it off because with me liking my new watch I kind of want my nice watch to be working too. However if the cost is too much to repair my Citizen watch I may as well look into the Moto 360 first. I dunno, I like the new Seiko i got because I never have to worry about batteries or winding it since its automatic. Having to plug in a watch to charge even once a week is kind of annoying.

jspradling7

Reaction score
I got out of the habit of wearing watches a few years ago. I have a thin Seiko that I still wear if I wear a suit to dinner or something, but the TAG and the Bulova are too bulky and heavy feeling now. I wasn't interested in a smartwatch until I saw this one from Moto. I'm still not sure how much benefit it could be but we'll see.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I got out of the habit of wearing watches a few years ago. I have a thin Seiko that I still wear if I wear a suit to dinner or something, but the TAG and the Bulova are too bulky and heavy feeling now. I wasn't interested in a smartwatch until I saw this one from Moto. I'm still not sure how much benefit it could be but we'll see.

For me its not so much a benefit of the smart watch aspect but as a pretty awesome watch in general. I'd like to think we'd see apps for using it as a stop watch, timer, gps device, weather and a bunch more stuff. Those are the things that I tend to take my phone out for that 3 seconds it takes to look at something. When I'm driving it would be a big convenience. I leave my phone in my pocket when I drive because after having kids and knowing someone that lost a kid because someone was texting while driving and ran a red light, I take it seriously now. But being able to glance at my wrist is IMO way safer than fiddling with a phone. I don't text much and I don't use social networking sites so I don't want it for those reasons. Plus my Citizen was over $600 new and I have a hard time spending that much on another nice watch assuming mine can't get repaired but half that for a Moto 360 I can start to like the idea of.

_33

Reaction score
I'm a watch guy! Love watches a little too much. Is the whole face of that a screen? Could I simply load a different face to change it up? I wonder what the band size is. I just had to drop $400.00 for an Omega band, so the price isn't too bad for the Moto watch really.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I'm a watch guy as well. I must have 20 of them and wear none....lol I just stopped wearing watches a few years ago. I just glance at my phone when I need to know the time.

What intrigues me about the MOTO is it's style. It just looks great. The biggest benefit to me is to get notifications while on my bike. No need to dig into my pocket for my phone is key...

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I'm a watch guy as well. I must have 20 of them and wear none....lol I just stopped wearing watches a few years ago. I just glance at my phone when I need to know the time.

What intrigues me about the MOTO is it's style. It just looks great. The biggest benefit to me is to get notifications while on my bike. No need to dig into my pocket for my phone is key...

i used to ride a motorcycle and this would have been nice to have at that time. I still get to ride once in a while if I can borrow a bike but I don't own one anymore. Kids make you rethink a think or two.