Android Rumors: LG to launch two new smartwatches

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
lg-g-watch-r.jpg

The latest Android Rumors suggest LG could launch two new Android Wear powered smartwatches soon. The models that have appeared so far are the W315 and W319, and both have passed through the FCC. We still believe these will be bluetooth and Wifi smartwatches only, and won't be cellular. At the moment no other detail has emerged but the two wearables could be shown during the IFA in Berlin.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's past time for these watches to come with more RAM and storage, especially.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I believe these two new watches are rumored to be the first to have a new chip since AW watches first came out in 2015. Supposedly a much more battery friendly chip. Let's hope so, it's time to see the innards get an update.

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm still surprised that Android smartwatches haven't caught on like the Apple Watch.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I really thought they would have by now, but...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm still surprised that Android smartwatches haven't caught on like the Apple Watch.

It's kind of like the early days of the tablet....Apple has that segment of early adopters who will buy anything Apple tells them they need. Android, not so much.

I've found my watch to be pretty handy. I think most serious fitness people would wonder how they ever got along without it.

And it looks like the next big push is coming in sleep monitoring. Garmin and Fitbit have added pulse oximeters, which should help monitor sleep even better and also identify sleep apnea and other disorders (such as exercise induced asthma) and atrial affribilation. I don't know if it poses real value, or if the analysis will be good, but I sense that sleep quality is going to be the next big health kick. Fitbit, at least, believes it and intends to be the leader at the forefront.

It can't be that far off where these watches are going to know if you've had a heart attack or stroke and automatically dial 911 if you're unresponsive.