HTC Smartwatch Coming Early June [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-smartwatch-june-2016.png

The latest intel from the rumormonger @evleaks might be intriguing for fans of Android Wear devices. Supposedly HTC is working on finally launching their own Android Wear smartwatch in June of this year. Of course, this rumor has been floating around for quite some time, and the dates keep getting pushed back into vaporware land.

Technically HTC already released a pseudo-smartwatch. They teamed up with Under Armor on the UA Band fitness tracker. Of course, this rumored device will be a true Android Wear smartwatch instead of just a fitness band, if the rumors are accurate. We will keep an eye out because an HTC smartwatch could be something cool to behold. It has the potential to have some unique and premium aesthetics.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Economically I don't think it's a good idea on their part if it's true. Smartwatch market is still what I'd call niche, not a good place for a company that's sketchy in its p&l area to dive into unless there's something unique that'll shake up the smartwatch market. If Apple , with its cult following, can't break down the barrier of bringing the smartwatch into the mainstream I sure don't see HTC doing it. I'd hate to see their positive steps taken recently turn negative.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Couldn't agree more @mountainbikermark. It seems like everyone is jumping on the new smart watch band wagon these days. But as a post on here asks, who is actually wearing these things? Who is buying them? Doesn't seem like a smart move for HTC, to me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
I personally think a smartwatch is as dumb as tablet. I like superphone or smart/flablet just fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk