New Message problem with Motorola Droid

Inghamdav

Reaction score
The problem I am having is that when I try to send a new message to one of my contact i try to start typing the name of the contact but some of my contacts wont show up but others will. Is there a reason why certain contacts dont show up on the search or is there an easier way to bring up your contacts when composing a new message?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The problem I am having is that when I try to send a new message to one of my contact i try to start typing the name of the contact but some of my contacts wont show up but others will. Is there a reason why certain contacts dont show up on the search or is there an easier way to bring up your contacts when composing a new message?

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. I suspect that all of your contacts arn't appearing on your phone, that would be the only reason this would happen.

Are you new to the Droid and did Verizon set up your contacts? If so go to your gmail account on line and make sure that all your contacts are listed in your "My Contacts" list. Also make sure in your setitngs on your phone that you are synched to gmail.

Another thing you might try doing after making sure you are synched if you contacts aren't showing up is to go to contacts, menu button, and import/export contacts. Import from SD card.

If your contacts are present and you are still having issues I'd make sure that you so see them in your gmail account and do a factory reset in your privacy setting.

OP
I

Inghamdav

Reaction score
I am new to the droid I got it yesterday and I have been manually putting in some of my contacts although alot of them were synched with my facebook but even with some of the contacts i put in manually some will show up if i try entering their name in the search but some will not and I just dont know what is different for them.

Also no verizon did not set up my contacts

Last edited:

ShowTime

Reaction score
Make sure you entered the contacts' numbers under "mobile". If they are not, they won't show up when typing them in for texts.

OP
I

Inghamdav

Reaction score
Make sure you entered the contacts' numbers under "mobile". If they are not, they won't show up when typing them in for texts.

I thought that was the problem too but if i am seeing it right the numbers are displayed as mobile numbers