Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
:welcome: to the forum!

Standard rules apply:

Play nice. No flames. Keep it clean. Keep it family friendly. Don’t double-post. Don't feed the Mods, SMods, or Admins. They'll follow you home if you do, so really, it's for your own protection. (And do you really want to explain to your loved ones that, no matter how cute he or she is, you really want to keep them?)

Glad to have you on board! Have fun! :)

OP
E

eerkime

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcoming, so I'm pretty new @ this and don't know much about this tech talk. I have Moto droid what is the best way to keep my battery from draining so quickly! :(

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forums!!

What widgets do you use on your Droid and what is the data refresh rate - these could be to culprits of your battery drain...also, if you are using a task killer and have it set to an "end all tasks", you could also be using more battery than necessary as most of these tasks will likely restart...remove the task killer and try it a bit without to see if you notice a difference...Other things as well - are you in an area where your phone is searching for signal (poor reception), might try airplane mode as when the phone is searching, it will consume a fair amount of battery...

You should also be able to see what is consuming the battery thru the phone settings - battery manager.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
To go with the task killer, antivirus software is pointless as well. Background data and sync can be battery killers, but most apps allow you to change the polling rate, so go in and do that. :)