New member with Incredible

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by jpgal3, Apr 26, 2010.

1. jpgal3

jpgal3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I received the Incredible last week and wanted to find a good source of information. I know most people don't have the phone yet, but there are certainly some that do and are more tech savy than me. So far, the phone is pretty cool. I loved my Blackberry curve, but wanted something better for the web and entertainment. The biggest negative I have found so far is the battery life. I am not doing a lot - yet - and the battery only lasts 36 hours. Maybe I am running stuff in the background without knowing it. The phone is also slow to rotate when turned sideways for typing. Any feedback or thoughts would be great and I will be happy to share what little knowledge I have on the phone.

Thanks

2. danDroid

danDroid Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +391
    Welcome to the site!! Hows the image quality on photos? Could you post up a few samples?

3. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    welcome. Not sure on battery life since it is to new. Rotation should not be slow from everything I have seen. What are you comparing it to for rotation since you are coming from the BB side? I recommend HTC Incredible Forum

4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    :welcome: to the Droid Forums. If you're getting 36 hours out of the battery, that's fantastic. On a Blackberry Storm or a Droid you'll get 12-20 hours, depending on usage.

5. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dan - I really think photo quality is one that will be operator related with this phone aside from the fact that it is a still just a phone. There are many adjustments that can be made for your image taking. I have seen some terrible samples and some outstanding ones both inside and outside. It is one thing I plan to mess around with when I get mine in the next couple of days.
    I am really wondering why the issue with slow rotation. of the 10 or so videos I have watched there is nothing slow about it.

6. jpgal3

jpgal3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dan,

The picture quality is great. I will post a picture soon. I tried to upload one but it was too large of a file - 2.1 mb. The zoom in and out is a little touchy, but that will come with time.

As for the screen rotation, it just gets stuck once in a while in text mode.

Thanks for the quick replies. This phone is going to be fun.

7. CatsTide

CatsTide Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i hate you.....get back with me thursday and i'll probably like you then

dang 36 hrs??? sounds great to me

8. jpgal3

jpgal3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the laugh!

9. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Welcome to the forums.

Yea, 36 hours battery life?!?! Consider yourself blessed......