New Lucid screen doesn't go dark

Yen

Reaction score
Husband and I got new LG Lucid on the same day. Mine is set for the screen to fade, then go black, after a short time. He has the same setting, however the screen only fades but never goes black without pressing the power button. I have looked through every setting and cannot figure out why his doesn't go black.

Also: He created a Gmail email address but didn't like the name so he created another one. I added the new address and synced it, but there are now two problems: (1) Can't delete the old address, and (2) the phone continually reports a sign-in error for the new (and old) address. Then it said the login password was incorrect so I logged in again and it synced and received a 'test' email. However, it then reported "account verification fail" when trying to connect to the server. HUH???

This behavior is inconsistent with that on my own phone and we purchased them at the same time. The ONLY difference may be that his was a return from an elderly woman who gave up after 1 day of use and returned the phone in like-new condition.

Hope someone can help!

thanks

TatDroid

Reaction score
Hmmm, it sounds like a factory reset may be in order to make sure things are starting from ground zero.

OP
Y

Yen

Reaction score
Hmmm, it sounds like a factory reset may be in order to make sure things are starting from ground zero.

Is there no other way? Why would that be necessary?

OP
Y

Yen

Reaction score

Can we do that ourselves without any harm? Only things new are a few free apps we installed (Google Sky, Solitaire) so we'd need to re-install those, but other than that any thing else we need to do?

TatDroid

Reaction score
If you haven't had the phone too long there shouldn't be too much prep needed.

Write down a list of free apps so you'll remember what to reload. Any paid apps should show up for you in the Play Store after you reset and log back on with your same Google account. You won't have to pay again.

If you have text messages you'd like to keep, install SMS Backup (free), and do a backup before you reset. After your factory reset, reinstall SMS Backup and do a restore.

I think that should be about it. As long as pictures, music, etc. are on your removable SD card (and not the phone's internal storage) that will all still be intact. The reset does not affect external storage. Good luck!

To do the reset, there are several ways. One way is: settings > privacy > factory data reset. (A reset is also what you would do if you were to sell/trade/donate your phone)