new launcher is cool... how many 2.1 apps you got?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Adding flan gallery today and I will have the full Monty of the released ports..... what do you have?
I'm not sure what flan gallery is? I'm also not sure what 2.1 apps you are referring to. Until the official 2.1 comes out, I'm using the 2.1 picture gallery, multimedia, and the Google news/weather widgets. They all work flawlessly. The launcher is a different story...lots of lag and FC's.

OP
S

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
The launcher IS a pain but its cool as hell..... whenever it freezes... and this is usually when I try to interact too fast... seems like it has to settle for a second then you can move the panels. When it freezes if you lock and unlock the phone it should be fine after that.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The launcher IS a pain but its cool as hell..... whenever it freezes... and this is usually when I try to interact too fast... seems like it has to settle for a second then you can move the panels. When it freezes if you lock and unlock the phone it should be fine after that.
For the exact same things you're describing is the reason I gave up. Why go through all that when the stock Home screen is fine.

OP
S

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
For the exact same things you're describing is the reason I gave up. Why go through all that when the stock Home screen is fine.

Yeah but the 5 screens and the app drawer is worth it to me. A little patience could do you good.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm currently only running the gallery, as the old one needed an upgrade when the G1 rolled off the assembly line.

As for the launcher, I used it for a little while. It'll be great when the official version come out, but the app drawer...in the launcher.apk...Not a fan.

I LOVE the look, but I couldn't get it to fast scroll for the life of me. No matter how I swiped it, it seems like it would only go up or down by a couple rows. Pain in the a** when you're trying to get to the bottom of a fairly long list.

I don't think that was the case when I watched the YouTube video on it, but I played with it several different times and had no luck.

I returned to Home++ until the official 2.1 is out [keeping the wonderful Gallery, of course].

I currently only rock 3 screens anyway...