new guy saying hello

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Lol, gotta love the good ole United States Post Office. Usually I never have problems with them, but this was just ridiculous. Part of it is just me excited about a new phone though.
Again, so sorry. If I could have even remotely predicted this I would have suggested you throw a couple more bucks at postage and sent it with a premium carrier service.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

OP
J

javajoe1982

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid Maxx
It's absolutely not your fault. I'm glad you haven't been offended with me asking about it. I was starting to get worried that I'd bought from a "suspect" seller, but you've been awesome in alleviating my fears. Thanks.

I'm guessing some of the delay was shipping during holiday season.

Hindsight is 20/20, if I'd thought about it I would have gone ahead and tossed a little more for premium.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
It's absolutely not your fault. I'm glad you haven't been offended with me asking about it. I was starting to get worried that I'd bought from a "suspect" seller, but you've been awesome in alleviating my fears. Thanks.

I'm guessing some of the delay was shipping during holiday season.

Hindsight is 20/20, if I'd thought about it I would have gone ahead and tossed a little more for premium.
Not a problem. I'm terribly disappointed in USPS in this respect. I won't use Parcel Select again for listings on eBay. My bad. I thought I was saving my buyer some money offering it for just a few more days of shipping time. Never in a million years did I imagine it would be from January 4 till now and you wouldn't already have it.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Using USPS to ship anywhere other than the continental US is never recommended because once it leaves the country, it then has to transfer to that particular countries postal service and that's where the delay happens. (Unlike FedEx or UPS which remains the same worldwide)

S5 tap'n

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Using USPS to ship anywhere other than the continental US is never recommended because once it leaves the country, it then has to transfer to that particular countries postal service and that's where the delay happens. (Unlike FedEx or UPS which remains the same worldwide)

S5 tap'n
Agreed, except that @javajoe1982 is maybe half a day away by car. I could have hand delivered it to him 8 times over by now!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Agreed, except that @javajoe1982 is maybe half a day away by car. I could have hand delivered it to him 8 times over by now!

Yikes!
Than yeah....I'm thinking carrier pigeon may have been the better option at this point. LOL!
....gulp....hopefully it was insured.....

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Wow. Guess I should've checked back in here. I missed all of the fun.

I usually skip notifications that someone has replied to an intro thread because it's usually just now people saying hello.

I learned a valuable lesson today.

Also, for my money, USPS taking is the worst out of all carriers I've had deliver things to me.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I've been buying & selling on Ebay, Amazon etc regularly for more years than I can count, and I've always had a good experience with USPS. I much prefer them over FedEx & UPS because their priority delivery (guaranteed two day) delivery is less than 6 bucks, next day is $18 depending on weight of course. (MUCH cheaper than the alternative)
I use USPS "priority" because living in a small town they can't do "next day" to/from my location, but they've always been on time with "priority" packages. That and they provide tracking numbers.
FedEx & UPS are simply too expensive for the same weight/delivery times.

Hopefully his pkg will arrive soon!

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've been buying & selling on Ebay, Amazon etc regularly for more years than I can count, and I've always had a good experience with USPS. I much prefer them over FedEx & UPS because their priority delivery (guaranteed two day) delivery is less than 6 bucks, next day is $18 depending on weight of course. (MUCH cheaper than the alternative)
I use USPS "priority" because living in a small town they can't do "next day" to/from my location, but they've always been on time with "priority" packages. That and they provide tracking numbers.
FedEx & UPS are simply too expensive for the same weight/delivery times.

Hopefully his pkg will arrive soon!

S5 tap'n
Yeah, I won't really argue with you on rates. Just tracking. I'd say UPS is the best for things I've ordered lately. Fedex is updated very well sometimes, but not always. And USPS seems like it only updates once a day even if it's been through 2-3 facilities and been scanned.

OP
J

javajoe1982

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid Maxx
I'm honestly very surprised by this. I've ordered and sold many item through eBay or social media and have rarely had a problem with USPS. Every now and then there might be a slight delay, but this time it was just absurd.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yeah, they're usually pretty reliable. Of course this type of thing always seems to happen when you're really looking forward to getting it in a couple days. Hang in there Joe, hopefully it won't be much longer.

S5 tap'n