New girl newb!

serednism

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just bought the first Droid used from Craigslist. I like it so far just having issues with saving pictures. I keep googling the question I've had about it but my question wasn't answered anywhere. I'm going to post it here and then in the correct forum just to see if a response happens quick.

First, this is probably going to sound super stupid but I'm so new to Droid and smart phones in general really since I just switched from an LG Envy Touch to a Droid.

Does the Droid come with it's own SD card installed already? If so, how come the option of "Saving to SD card" doesn't appear when I open a picture and to try and save it? I've been in the SD card settings and even unmounted/reformatted it since there were some old pics on it from the previous owner but it didn't fix the problem.

Also, if the Droid 1 does NOT come with an SD card, do I have to buy one? I've never had one for any phone so I wouldn't even know where to begin with that. Can I just save pictures to my phone itself? How do I do that?

Again, I'll post these questions in the right forum but just wanted to see if this would get a quicker response.

chewy74

Reaction score
Droid 1 comes with a 16 gb SD card. There's no option to save pics to SD because pictures and media files are already stored on the SD card.

You can check to see if you have an SD card by going to menu (button to the left of the home button) then settings /storage and it will give you stats on your card. There's a chance the seller took out the SD card before selling it to you.

If you want to be able to browse files on the card dl an app called astro file manager, free on market.

If you need to buy one look for 16 or 32 gb micro SD card at best buy.

Pm me if you have anymore questions.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
:welcome: to the forum. We're glad you joined us.
I snagged some pictures of your sd cards location from the web. Just slide the battery cover off (no need to remove the battery) and you'll be able to tell if you have a sd card or not.
droid-remove-battery.png
droid-sd-card.png