New Gallery SUCKS

jmlaser

Reaction score
So I came from a rooted D1

My old gallery used to seperate the folders into albums. This made it easy for me because I use alot of pictures as reference for work.
Now ALL pictures are in one giant Library= Dumb.

I know 3rd party apps can resolve this, any suggestions or do I just need to work the new gallery correctly?

Thanks

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Ya, I was planning on installing Gallery+ anyways... hopefully it works like it did on my D1.

Rstran916

Reaction score
Yes, I agree. I downloaded the old gallery app. The new gallery app should at least a better upgraded version of the 3d gallery app. SMH :icon_evil:

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I love it. It integrates all the online albums as well.

You can have it group the images by tag or by date if you're trying to see similar photos together.

schertz7

Reaction score
Indeed, I too am disappointed in the new gallery. Every thing else is great with the gallery, its just pointless to scan through 1700 pictures when they are already separated in folders on the sd card...

them0nk

Reaction score
try searching "Gallery+" i found it but i'm not 100% on trying it yet...

brockw1964

Reaction score
So, even if we create folders on sd card, the Bionic Gallery will not recognize them?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
It recognizes them, just doesn't organize photos by folder. Can group by date, tags, location, or timeline view.

rgb2448

Reaction score
So I came from a rooted D1

My old gallery used to seperate the folders into albums. This made it easy for me because I use alot of pictures as reference for work.
Now ALL pictures are in one giant Library= Dumb.

I know 3rd party apps can resolve this, any suggestions or do I just need to work the new gallery correctly?

Thanks

to get albums, open gallery and click on my library and then click on my library:timeline at top and select albums

OP
J

jmlaser

Reaction score
to get albums, open gallery and click on my library and then click on my library:timeline at top and select albums[/QUOTE
Thanks but this does nothing except show me one album with ALL my photos. It DOES NOT seperate the folders out.

Gonna try Gallery+ I guess

Insidious

Reaction score
Try gallery 3D the .apk is floating around xda, googling it usually gets you a good result.