Gallery organization and Albums question

KuddlKat

Reaction score
On D1, the gallery folders would follow the folder setup on the microSD card and sort pictures appropriately. The D3 doesn't seem to do that.

Is there a way to make additional albums in the "My Library:Albums" section of Gallery, or do I have to go through and tag every photo manually and select Tags instead of Albums?

Hope I'm just missing something simple, like creating folders in a specific place in the internal or microSD card...

darkmatter

Reaction score
There is a way, but its exceedlingly tedious. Through moto's gallery, you have to add each pic to a folder one by one, then you can have them in folders.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

pastorgadget

Reaction score
I find it much easier to plug my Droid into my PC, then use Explorer to look at and sort files into albums. Anything else is just WAY too tedious.

Also, I rarely use the stock Gallery app, preferring instead to use QuickPic, which allows me to exclude some folders (like icon collections).

FLE

Reaction score
Same here I use my pc to look @ the files but I use the stock app to view picts and watch the movies I put onto my mobile

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

darkmatter

Reaction score
Yea, I forgot to mention that the above process is for the moto gallery. Putting it in folders via pc doesn't work.

I just use two galleries. One for looking at on phone stuff (gallery 3d) and the moto gallery for friends and family. I love the way that app pulls facebook and flickr pics.

pistacio

Reaction score
"Quick pic" gallery app in the market allows to browse by folder.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

Edit: just noticed someone mentioned it already...

pastorgadget

Reaction score
Yea, I forgot to mention that the above process is for the moto gallery. Putting it in folders via pc doesn't work.

I just use two galleries. One for looking at on phone stuff (gallery 3d) and the moto gallery for friends and family. I love the way that app pulls facebook and flickr pics.

Yeah, the Moto gallery is pretty spiffy in how it pulls in all sorts of pics, and it's especially neat when you're mirroring via the HDMI cable. (Tried that for the first time yesterday. Cool!) But, yes, the Moto app isn't especially bright for organization. Time to start searching for a new gallery app...

OP
KuddlKat

KuddlKat

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, and for letting me know that I wasn't missing something easy. I'll give that Quick Pic app a try.

haproot

Reaction score
If you want it to work almost exactly like the droid 1, get the "gallery 3d" app from the market.

corymcnutt

Reaction score
Actually, after playing with the Bionic, it really isn't so difficult. You can:

1) Open up your gallery pictures
2) Press Menu==>Select Multiple
3) Click on all of the pictures you want in an Album
4) Press Menu==>More==>Add to Album
5) Press New Album
6) Type in the Album Name
7) Press Save and it will save all of the pictures you selected to the new Album.

I just organized over 300 pictures in a matter of minutes with no additional app. I have nothing against apps, but if you can do it within the O/S itself, why bother with an app. The trouble is, the method is not always obvious at first; KuddlKat gave me the clue of each indivdual picture.

phatkat66

Reaction score
Actually, after playing with the Bionic, it really isn't so difficult. You can:

1) Open up your gallery pictures
2) Press Menu==>Select Multiple
3) Click on all of the pictures you want in an Album
4) Press Menu==>More==>Add to Album
5) Press New Album
6) Type in the Album Name
7) Press Save and it will save all of the pictures you selected to the new Album.

I just organized over 300 pictures in a matter of minutes with no additional app. I have nothing against apps, but if you can do it within the O/S itself, why bother with an app. The trouble is, the method is not always obvious at first; KuddlKat gave me the clue of each indivdual picture.

Thanks!

Now if only there was a way to hide the "All Photos" album. Its a small eyesore to see that there when i go into "albums"

pistacio

Reaction score
I know that creating a blank file called ".nomedia" will not block the stock gallery app from scanning for the files within that folder.

txflea

Reaction score
"Quick pic" gallery app in the market allows to browse by folder.

Edit: just noticed someone mentioned it already...

I downloaded quick pic from reading the suggestions on this post and I love it! It's much easier than having to make folders on my pc and moving and blah blah blah. Looks cleaner also. :)

BlackyFive

Reaction score
i had a problem setting pic's from SD card to the wallpaper in my chinese android!

then i found this app called "Wallpaper Set And Save" now i can set Wallpaper Directory & set Wallpapers thru this app.

hope it helps :biggrin: