New every 2

framon

Reaction score
So I'm currently rocking out the Droid 1 and I just became eligible for the free upgrade. Here's my question. Should I go ahead and upgrade to the Droid X or should I play the wait and see game? I'm sure big red has something up it's sleeve for the holiday season but I really haven't heard anything. What do you guys think?

harrellj

Reaction score
From announcements/rumors, there's nothing huge coming out for the holidays, but expect lots of big news at CES in January. Also, LTE (aka 4G) is coming out by the end of the year and the first phones should be available in Q1. Waiting for LTE phones would be highly recommended.

OP
F

framon

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, now I've gotta do a search to find out what LTE phones are :)

kadaj21

Reaction score
LTE is Verizon's 4G network (most phones run on 3G today). Verizon will apparently start rolling out LTE (4G) by the end of the year (don't remember specific date).

Saw an article in my RSS feeds where a pic of a unknown LG phone. It looked kinda like the Droid X. Looked nice, but I like the looks of the DX more ^^

I'll probably wait for CES to pass before deciding if I want to wait for 4G or not, and upgrade my Droid 1 accordingly. But for now, I am a happy camper with it!

OP
F

framon

Reaction score
I really like my Droid 1 also, but I do a lot of web browsing so I'm thinking a larger screen would be helpful. Plus the increase in CPU speed is a definite plus.