New DX 2.3.3 root question

Chillout

Reaction score
My DX was rooted and all was well, but I had to send it back and get a new one because it got smashed. The new one arrived today, with 2.3.3 on it. I've read several threads on rooting here. I tried Gingerbreak, which just hung and never finished even after 10 minutes.

I have RSD lite installed from before but it's been so long since I rooted that way Im trying to see which files I need exactly before I start.

SimplexMango

Reaction score
There is a one click root exploit for any gb device. I don't have a link but Google it. The only trick to it is that when the exploit tries to reboot your phone, it will get stay in bootloader mode, no biggy, just unplug from computer, turn off your phone and turn it back on, once you get past the boot logo, plug your phone back in and the exploit will run again. This happens twice I believe. Make sure you follow all the directions on the exploit before running it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

lemodular

Reaction score
Unless I am behind in the scene (very likely), there are currently no root exploit for a GB DX. You will need to SBF back to Froyo, root, then manually install a pre-rooted GB. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

SimplexMango

Reaction score
Unless I am behind in the scene (very likely), there are currently no root exploit for a GB DX. You will need to SBF back to Froyo, root, then manually install a pre-rooted GB. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

There is a one click root available now. Heres a video of it with links. I used this and it worked beautifully.
DroidModd3rX's Channel - YouTube

Running Apex 2.0 on Rooted GB 4.5.602 AND LOVING IT