Rooting Droid x 2.3.3

Dsiiiviper4

Reaction score
I am a noob and can find some stuff but not anything that is a direct way on how to root the 2.3.3 system. I had a 2.2 system but something went wrong and i had to send it back to verizon and they sent me a droid x with 2.3.3 software. So I did find some stuff but not a complete walkthrough of exactly what I need to do to root my phone. I know some people are going to say your a noob do not do it. But what other way am I going to learn about it without trying it first hand. Thank you,

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I haven't looked in a while, but I don't think there is a root method for 2.3.3. What you want to do is SBF back to froyo and then install a rooted version of gingerbread(or another rom) from there.
Here is a guide for SBFing
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/12015-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html

I
f you have any questions or concerns, feel free to message me, or just reply here. :)

No need to sbf. An exploit was found that enabled root in all the motorola gingerbread builds. See the link in the second post.

AngelOfAnger

Reaction score
Ahh ok, my bad. Listen to those guys lol. I've been running CM for so long now I haven't been keeping up on any development on the X. :p

OP
D

Dsiiiviper4

Reaction score
Thanks it worked now!! What are some cool things I can do to it now and some apps that I may use that I could not before? What I mean is how would I go about adding new themes and roms?

laochra

Reaction score
Is there a way to root 4.5.605 without using a computer?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
D

Dsiiiviper4

Reaction score
No you need one I believe

Rictrician

Reaction score
Rooted Droid X 4.5.602

I did one click root on my droid x2.3.3 4.5.602 Mb810. It was simple and fast. I did a hard reset and have still maintained root. Lost a few apps but they installed easy enough

laochra

Reaction score
Do you need a computer for that one click root?

elite212

Reaction score
I tryed gingerbread pc root method for. 605 says bad batch file what did I do wrong

Rictrician

Reaction score
I rooted one click root droid x 4.5.602. I got the download for 605 but I would have to unroot to install. I am going to wait and see how things go. I had to wait for the one click root for 602. I don't think there is a root for 605 yet. That may be what you are doing wrong. If the files are not made for the system it will not work. I have only been messing with droid for a few months now I love it. I read a lot of stuff before I try as I have bricked a htc phone and gave it to a friend for target practice. Look and ask questions if you don't know. I have had no problems with my root and have removed a lot of the bloat ware which was the main reason I rooted.dancedroid

Halaku007

Reaction score
I rooted one click root droid x 4.5.602. I got the download for 605 but I would have to unroot to install. I am going to wait and see how things go. I had to wait for the one click root for 602. I don't think there is a root for 605 yet. That may be what you are doing wrong. If the files are not made for the system it will not work. I have only been messing with droid for a few months now I love it. I read a lot of stuff before I try as I have bricked a htc phone and gave it to a friend for target practice. Look and ask questions if you don't know. I have had no problems with my root and have removed a lot of the bloat ware which was the main reason I rooted.dancedroid

The 602 one click I used to root it also worked with 605. I'm running 605 rooted.