new droids

gundampilot

Reaction score
I know it on here somewhere but, does anyone know about the new androids coming out. I'm thinking about maybe switching my droid for a droid 2 but I don't want to get it and then a couple months later a new one comes out.

Stretch2m

Reaction score
Well then you will be waiting forever, because there's ALWAYS a new one coming out in a couple months. ;)

Having said that, there are rumors of a 2ghz processor coming out sometime around the end of this year, so it might be worth it to wait for that. That's what I'm doing.

Note that whenever you DO decide to update, there will be something better available in a matter of months ... it's all about when you want to take the dive.

doctordoctor

Reaction score
I am assuming companies want to make it into the black so companies always have something "new" to sell thanksgiving time and for christmas.... With that said I am waiting for the new phone this christmas... I can't wait! until then I will mess with my droid 1 and hope that miui gets figured out... it looks like the new ROM to have

Dknelson728

Reaction score
R2D2 Droid 2 comes out Sept. 30. Same as the Droid 2 as far as features, but it does have the upgraded 1.2 (some report 1.25GHz), processor that the Droid 2 W.E. will have packed into it.

xliderider

Reaction score
Well then you will be waiting forever, because there's ALWAYS a new one coming out in a couple months. ;)

Having said that, there are rumors of a 2ghz processor coming out sometime around the end of this year, so it might be worth it to wait for that. That's what I'm doing.

Note that whenever you DO decide to update, there will be something better available in a matter of months ... it's all about when you want to take the dive.

It's going to be a dual core processor running at 1 ghz, not a 2 ghz processor. No matter what Sanjay Jha said, it's not the same.

harrellj

Reaction score
Also, if you're willing to wait on a phone, LTE (aka 4G) should be rolling out from Verizon shortly with phones built for it right after Christmas or at least by Spring. Personally, I'm glad I got the D1 when I did, we should have a large variety of LTE phones available by July :)