what should i get

avonb

Reaction score
im in the market for a new handset, currently using a blackberry curve (through VERIZON)

what should i go with:

droid
nexus one
htc inredible
???

the other option is to wait. anyone know when the iphone comes to verizon? or when there will be a droid 2?

i don't want to get roped into a phone for 2 years but see something that puts it to shame come out a couple more months

thanks

Reaction score
i don't want to get roped into a phone for 2 years but see something that puts it to shame come out a couple more months

thanks

Sorry man but that is going to happen, 100% definitely.

Why would you wait for the iPhone when the Droid/Nexus are much better :icon_ banana:

Droid and Nexus are similar. Choose the Droid for physical keyboard and a little more mainstream support (there are more of them out there). Choose the N1 for sleek design etc.

Can't answer on the other new phones though I doubt I would buy anything called "Incredible"

iPirate

Reaction score
There are MANY threads like this, search for "you pick for me cause I am lazy"

If you don't know, do more research. You shouldn't have a doubt when you get your phone, I didn't.

That won't happen with any of those phones.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to get roped into a two year contract and have another phone come along that outshines yours in a few months, you have a couple of options.

() Purchase the phone with your own money rather than expecting the carrier to subsidize you and get their money back through a contract. When you want a new phone, sell the one you have.

() Continue to wait. This has been my strategy for many years with computers. And it works quite well except for the fact that my 1983 IBM PC won't run a lot of software developed since then and it's getting very difficult to find supplies of floppy disks.

iPirate

Reaction score
If you don't want to get roped into a two year contract and have another phone come along that outshines yours in a few months, you have a couple of options.

() Purchase the phone with your own money rather than expecting the carrier to subsidize you and get their money back through a contract. When you want a new phone, sell the one you have.

() Continue to wait. This has been my strategy for many years with computers. And it works quite well except for the fact that my 1983 IBM PC won't run a lot of software developed since then and it's getting very difficult to find supplies of floppy disks.
I have a 50 pack of floppies I can sell you.

OP
A

avonb

Reaction score

thanks

Why would you wait for the iPhone when the Droid/Nexus are much better :icon_ banana:

Droid and Nexus are similar. Choose the Droid for physical keyboard and a little more mainstream support (there are more of them out there). Choose the N1 for sleek design etc.

Can't answer on the other new phones though I doubt I would buy anything called "Incredible"

you are probably right. i like the droid a lot except that hideous "motorola" written at the top. but seriously, has there been any rumor of a droid 2? im assuming they would just make some aesthetic changes to it, and a better contoured physical keyboard

OP
A

avonb

Reaction score

If you don't know, do more research. You shouldn't have a doubt when you get your phone, I didn't.

sorry for being lazy, but does anyone have rumored dates (year/quarter) of the following: iphone 4g? iphone verizon? droid 2?

true, i apologize for being lazy, but i have looked into this and since the droid has been out since october, i am debating whether to get it now or wait another few months if there is a huge light at the end of the tunnel, not that the droid isn't already a sick phone

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

thanks

you are probably right. i like the droid a lot except that hideous "motorola" written at the top. but seriously, has there been any rumor of a droid 2? im assuming they would just make some aesthetic changes to it, and a better contoured physical keyboard

Of course there are rumors of a "Droid 2." And a Droid 3 for that matter. The rule of thumb for pc's for years has been that performance doubles every 18 months. It's at least that pace for smartphones. Whatever you get will be completely outdated by the time your contract is over.

That doesn't mean the phone won't meet your needs at the end of a two year period. It just means you won't have the newest, bestest, fastest, trendiest phone on the market. If a phone is a fashion accessory for you, be prepared to pay the "fashion penalty."

iPirate

Reaction score

sorry for being lazy, but does anyone have rumored dates (year/quarter) of the following: iphone 4g? iphone verizon? droid 2?

true, i apologize for being lazy, but i have looked into this and since the droid has been out since october, i am debating whether to get it now or wait another few months if there is a huge light at the end of the tunnel, not that the droid isn't already a sick phone
I think the iphone for verizon rumor has been around for 4 years.

Pick the best phone available now, you have 30 days to return it if something new comes out. If nothing comes out, make sure you picked the right phone to live with for 2 years. None of the phones will be garbage within the next two years. It might fall behind in ram or clock speed, but that doesn't make or break a phone.

I haven't heard any rumors about Droid 2 but Droid 3 sounds amazing. I heard for Droid 3 they are removing the keyboard and will use your mind to input in the text boxes. Also the screen will be gone and the information will be transmitted to your eyes. The only downside is where you store the phone, it is stored rectally. They think it will go better with the "Droid invasion" theme Verizon is putting out now and in the future.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard any rumors about Droid 2 but Droid 3 sounds amazing. I heard for Droid 3 they are removing the keyboard and will use your mind to input in the text boxes. Also the screen will be gone and the information will be transmitted to your eyes. The only downside is where you store the phone, it is stored rectally. They think it will go better with the "Droid invasion" theme Verizon is putting out now and in the future.

Rent "The President's Analyst" starring James Coburn. You'll realize your vision was made into a movie in 1967. Or at least a "PG" version.

vizvzw

Reaction score
"If you are always waiting for tomorrows technology, you will never own a product today." -me

Do not rely on iphone and vzw. you could have a real long wait.

BB and windows, outdated. Unless your job makes u get this device.

So. droid or incredible. This is a tuff debate.

Just go to google and do a search on Droid vs Incredible for the TECHY differences. there are great guides for a at a glance side by side comparison.

The reason im keeping my droid, there is good support for it, here in the forums.
#2, I know its reliable with few known issues.
#3, I love my physical keyboard.
#4 (the biggest reason) I HATE HTC. They take good hardware, and a solid operating system, and they go load it up with HTC software, that is loaded with bugs, bogs down the system, and makes the phone crap.

Its like buying a compaq computer with all the "free" software that comes preloaded. a UI, on top of a UI, on top of a UI. I say leave the operating system in its raw format. The way it was ment to be.
That and i have been burnt on evey HTC product i have ever owned. But now im ranting about my own experiences.

Good luck

FLE

Reaction score
Correct If you have a contract and get a new phone, you get locked into a new contract usually two years. The up side to that is the new every two program.

Reaction score
You tend to find them offering deals after about 21 months so it's really not two years.

BTW I love the flat Motorola keyboard.

avonb, not sure what you mean about the big Motorola on the Droid, I don't see that on mine.

DiscoStu65

Reaction score

I'll hook you up with some of my old PCjr. software. Are you a Kings Quest or a Space Quest kind of guy?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

I'll hook you up with some of my old PCjr. software. Are you a Kings Quest or a Space Quest kind of guy?

Thanks, but I think we need an emoticon for sarcasm. :)