New Droid

Bmarshall16105

Reaction score
It's time to give up the ghost. I have had the Incredible for two years now. It's finally time to give it up. I'm looking into the droid maxx, but i've heard there's a ton of problems with that phone... any info on what I should buy for my new phone. Please no, "I love my razr and that's why you should get it." posts. I would like to know which droid performs better??

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Depends on what you need. The Maxx has the best battery life. The Rezound has a beautiful screen and is a great media player. The Nexus is hands down the best developer phone and support for it is great, along with that screen. However, each phone has their flaws and you're asking a pretty subjective question. All the phones perform well, it just depends what you want. Also the question you're asking is sure to draw in some posts regarding why people love their model of phone.

Ask yourself what you need out of your phone. Go to the store and check out all the phones. And just out of curiosity what problems have you heard about the Maxx?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I'll second what dezy said. Going to the store and getting hands on is the best way to know.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

OP
B

Bmarshall16105

Reaction score
I'll be using it primarily for media, social and movies to be exact. nice screen, hdmi output is a cool feature, i have a very boring job, I sit and watch movies 12 hours a day, so screen size is kind imp of important to me.

I haven't heard specifics as far as problems with maxx, only they have a lot...did I hear wrong?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'll be using it primarily for media, social and movies to be exact. nice screen, hdmi output is a cool feature, i have a very boring job, I sit and watch movies 12 hours a day, so screen size is kind imp of important to me.

I haven't heard specifics as far as problems with maxx, only they have a lot...did I hear wrong?
If you're going for screen size you may be looking at screen quality. In my personal opinion, I recommend you check out the Rezound and the Nexus. Both have huge screens and both have the best screens available on Verizon imo.

As for your comment on the Maxx, if you can't name one problem it means it can't be too big of a deal right?:p I haven't heard any real problems with the Maxx and each phone is going to have its "problems".

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rezound will probably meet your needs nicely. Go to the store and tinker first though.