Droid, Droid Incredible, or Droid 2 - Which one?

charlie6067

Reaction score
It's time for Verizon to extend me the privilege of signing up for another two years with them :) I have two friends with Droids and I think that's the phone for me. Now, the Incredible is close to release and I don't know if it would be better to spring for that model? Then, I have been searching without success for pictures of the Droid 2 model to be released in 3rd quarter. I'll leave it up to the forum. Which would be the wisest choice on what phone to buy, and why?

Thanks,
Charlie
charlie6067

bomber889

Reaction score
I'd say the Droid because of the huge community, it can be rooted, physical keyboard (atleast for me) and the awesomeness.

iPirate

Reaction score
Droid 2? maybe in another year

I'd go with Droid now, cause it is amazing.

Tojus

Reaction score
Droid.

The I wouldn't buy a phone without a physical keyboard. I've tried using the onscreen keyboard and I will never get used to it.

warrior21

Reaction score
If you want a physical keyboard go with the droid, if not the Incredible is a great choice. I personally want a keyboard

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I hope they don't call it the Droid 2. They'd be better off calling it The Sentinal or The Drone, hell they could call it C-3PO. They should have called this the Star Wars phone. :)

FLE

Reaction score
This is my first smart phone I did look at other phones Verizon had I almost got the HTC. That was untill a friend of mine told me he was at the Verizon store and saw the Droid. He told me how wild it was. I saw the Droid on line at verizon wireless I read the spec and with in a few min I was at my local Verizon store and bought the Droid. I am thrilled to have it and when I take it out people are always asking me questions about it. Fact a last wk I was at my Doctors office and before I could set the phone just to vibrate "nothing more annoying then someones phone ringing when they are in line next to be helped. The check in person heard the robot voice" Droid" and she lol. I asked why she said that her son had a few days ago an Iphone. He went to verizon and checked out the Droid. that same day, he cancled his contract with ATT and bought the Droid. She said his Iphone was for sale on Ebay. I got to use and Iphone for about 6min one day. I was not thrilled with it. And ATT needs to stop telling "LIES" I even told an ATT rep that the commercials about ATT Iphone being able to multi-task. The commercial show the guy on the Iphone and he is waiting for a service rep to take his call so he decides to pay some bills with his phone, then he checks his email, then he plays monopoly while he is waiting. Then the commercial further says that Verizon can not do that and blah blah ATT can. Well its total crap. The Droid can do the same thing, I did it to prove it to my friend that the Droid could also multi-task. A bit of a fact about ATT. Do you know why ATT commercials do not say ANYTHING about the fewest droped calls? Well you can thank harris poll for that. One of the MAJOR complaints about ATT from the users were droped calls. So now they say something to the effect more bars in more places or fastest 3g network, junk like that. I know this for a fact. I about 2 years ago installed direct tv, dish network and wild blue. At the time I was living in MS Alot of the calls we got for installs were in Gods country in MS Way in the middle of nowere. We had 3 phones. The master Techs personal phone was ATT. The business phone was Southern Linc. And my phone was Verizon Out of 10 installs No lie my phone ALWAYS worked out of 10. The first phone that did not work was the ATT then the Southern Link. Sorry I got off task. Any how I got my Droid and I love it. I have had it i think now almost 3 months and almost every day I read something on this forum or online that my droid can do that I did not know it could do the day before. My Droid cost me $199.99. But I got a $100 Visa rebate card from Verizon, so I really paid $100 for it. I would of paid more alot more. The Droid is a awesome phone and I think you would be really happy with it. Just look at how many peeps are users of this forum. I think alot of peeps are really happy with the choice of the droid.

iPirate

Reaction score
This is my first smart phone I did look at other phones Verizon had I almost got the HTC. That was untill a friend of mine told me he was at the Verizon store and saw the Droid. He told me how wild it was. I saw the Droid on line at verizon wireless I read the spec and with in a few min I was at my local Verizon store and bought the Droid.

I am thrilled to have it and when I take it out people are always asking me questions about it. Fact a last wk I was at my Doctors office and before I could set the phone just to vibrate "nothing more annoying then someones phone ringing when they are in line next to be helped. The check in person heard the robot voice" Droid" and she lol. I asked why she said that her son had a few days ago an Iphone. He went to verizon and checked out the Droid. that same day, he cancled his contract with ATT and bought the Droid. She said his Iphone was for sale on Ebay.

I got to use and Iphone for about 6min one day. I was not thrilled with it. And ATT needs to stop telling "LIES" I even told an ATT rep that the commercials about ATT Iphone being able to multi-task. The commercial show the guy on the Iphone and he is waiting for a service rep to take his call so he decides to pay some bills with his phone, then he checks his email, then he plays monopoly while he is waiting. Then the commercial further says that Verizon can not do that and blah blah ATT can. Well its total crap.

The Droid can do the same thing, I did it to prove it to my friend that the Droid could also multi-task. A bit of a fact about ATT. Do you know why ATT commercials do not say ANYTHING about the fewest droped calls? Well you can thank harris poll for that. One of the MAJOR complaints about ATT from the users were droped calls. So now they say something to the effect more bars in more places or fastest 3g network, junk like that. I know this for a fact. I about 2 years ago installed direct tv, dish network and wild blue. At the time I was living in MS Alot of the calls we got for installs were in Gods country in MS Way in the middle of nowere. We had 3 phones. The master Techs personal phone was ATT. The business phone was Southern Linc. And my phone was Verizon Out of 10 installs No lie my phone ALWAYS worked out of 10. The first phone that did not work was the ATT then the Southern Link.

Sorry I got off task. Any how I got my Droid and I love it. I have had it i think now almost 3 months and almost every day I read something on this forum or online that my droid can do that I did not know it could do the day before. My Droid cost me $199.99. But I got a $100 Visa rebate card from Verizon, so I really paid $100 for it. I would of paid more alot more.

The Droid is a awesome phone and I think you would be really happy with it. Just look at how many peeps are users of this forum. I think alot of peeps are really happy with the choice of the droid.
h-o-l-y ****....:icon_eek:

Anomander

Reaction score
This is my first smart phone I did look at other phones Verizon had I almost got the HTC. That was untill a friend of mine told me he was at the Verizon store and saw the Droid. He told me how wild it was. I saw the Droid on line at verizon wireless I read the spec and with in a few min I was at my local Verizon store and bought the Droid.

I am thrilled to have it and when I take it out people are always asking me questions about it. Fact a last wk I was at my Doctors office and before I could set the phone just to vibrate "nothing more annoying then someones phone ringing when they are in line next to be helped. The check in person heard the robot voice" Droid" and she lol. I asked why she said that her son had a few days ago an Iphone. He went to verizon and checked out the Droid. that same day, he cancled his contract with ATT and bought the Droid. She said his Iphone was for sale on Ebay.

I got to use and Iphone for about 6min one day. I was not thrilled with it. And ATT needs to stop telling "LIES" I even told an ATT rep that the commercials about ATT Iphone being able to multi-task. The commercial show the guy on the Iphone and he is waiting for a service rep to take his call so he decides to pay some bills with his phone, then he checks his email, then he plays monopoly while he is waiting. Then the commercial further says that Verizon can not do that and blah blah ATT can. Well its total crap.

The Droid can do the same thing, I did it to prove it to my friend that the Droid could also multi-task. A bit of a fact about ATT. Do you know why ATT commercials do not say ANYTHING about the fewest droped calls? Well you can thank harris poll for that. One of the MAJOR complaints about ATT from the users were droped calls. So now they say something to the effect more bars in more places or fastest 3g network, junk like that. I know this for a fact. I about 2 years ago installed direct tv, dish network and wild blue. At the time I was living in MS Alot of the calls we got for installs were in Gods country in MS Way in the middle of nowere. We had 3 phones. The master Techs personal phone was ATT. The business phone was Southern Linc. And my phone was Verizon Out of 10 installs No lie my phone ALWAYS worked out of 10. The first phone that did not work was the ATT then the Southern Link.

Sorry I got off task. Any how I got my Droid and I love it. I have had it i think now almost 3 months and almost every day I read something on this forum or online that my droid can do that I did not know it could do the day before. My Droid cost me $199.99. But I got a $100 Visa rebate card from Verizon, so I really paid $100 for it. I would of paid more alot more.

The Droid is a awesome phone and I think you would be really happy with it. Just look at how many peeps are users of this forum. I think alot of peeps are really happy with the choice of the droid.
h-o-l-y ****....:icon_eek:
Thanks for correcting the run on paragraph. I believe that is a first time for me where I couldn't follow something I was reading from beginning to end.

Edmvr6

Reaction score
Cmon Mods how many threads are we gonna have with people asking the same question over and over about buying a Droid or incredible? Time to close these threads!

FLE

Reaction score
I am sorry about that last post here. I really did not mean to do that. I think that is flooding and I do not want to get into trouble. I am sorry and in the future I will not let this happen again. I am just so excited about the droid, i want to share what little I know about it with everyone. Again I am sorry mods for the flooding. Part of my prob is that I am BI-POLAR and I am a bit manic right now. I am truly sorry :icon_eek:

iPirate

Reaction score
I don't think you will get in trouble it was just difficult to read. I felt the excitement lol

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am sorry about that last post here. I really did not mean to do that. I think that is flooding and I do not want to get into trouble. I am sorry and in the future I will not let this happen again. I am just so excited about the droid, i want to share what little I know about it with everyone. Again I am sorry mods for the flooding. Part of my prob is that I am BI-POLAR and I am a bit manic right now. I am truly sorry :icon_eek:

Yep, I agree that the only thing wrong with the post was that it was hard to read, however, you could definitely tell you love and are excited about this phone! Seriously, don't take it too hard!