New Droid X

fomey

Reaction score
I just purchased a droid x and I am liking the feels of it. However I did not purchase the unlimited data plan, instead I have 150MB/month. If I connect to my home wifi, will it use any of my MB allowance?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum and Congrats on the DX - Data transfered via Wi-Fi does not count against you...only the 3G Data, but be careful 150MB is not a lot -

OP
F

fomey

Reaction score
But as long as I am connected to my wi-fi I am not using any of the 3G data right? Thanks for the quick reply!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. Enjoy the x, but yeah be careful with the data usage.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forums!!

Yes, as indicated by those above me, if you are connected to wifi, you will not use 3G service...however, if your wifi should shut off or disconnect, the phone will then search for 3G service and it would not take long for it "background sync" 150 MB...

Also, in addition to the sub-forums here for the X, we also have a sister site at www.droidxforums.com - stop by there and check us out as well...

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to Droid Forums!! Don't intend to sound like a broken record but, BE CAREFUL with your data! Just 1kb over and you'll pay another $15 for 150mb (300mb for the price of unlimited).

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

marmot8

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, but with a droid pro. Is the 150mb just unrealistic for a normal user who isn't going to be using wifi ALL the time? thanks.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Very unrealistic. It is sooooo easy to go over that limit, and it would stink to have a smart phone that had to play dumb whenever your not near wifi. So many apps and games use web access, not just surfing the web, its definately worth the extra 15 for peace of mind, one month of a large overage, and you will pay as much as having unlimited for the whole year.

Might check out this plan:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/95195-new-unlimited-plan-big-red.html

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1

Very unrealistic. It is sooooo easy to go over that limit, and it would stink to have a smart phone that had to play dumb whenever your not near wifi. So many apps and games use web access, not just surfing the web, its definately worth the extra 15 for peace of mind, one month of a large overage, and you will pay as much as having unlimited for the whole year.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/95195-new-unlimited-plan-big-red.html

Canadroid

Reaction score
+2

Just spring for the unlimited if you can and go wild on that 3G, baby. =)

+1

sweetpea

Reaction score
go to pda.net you can buy unlimited usage for about 25.00 bucks. just tether your phone to the computer and bingo. And it doesn't use any of your 3G data. ENJOY.