New Droid X owner

webb34

Reaction score
Figured I would throw this up here.
My name is Chris
I consider myself to be somewhat tech savvy and my current college major is IT.
My parents got me a new Droid X for Christmas and I love it. I have tweaked the [swear word] out of it. I have given it an ApeX ROM with what I think is a Fabulous theme. Not sure which (I don't remember). I overclocked it to 1.2 GHz, and I even made my own winter themed background [SHAMELESS PLUG]. I love this thing.
This Droid saved my GPA....sorta...

Story Time

The day after Christmas, I flew to [Aruba]. The day before we flew back(we flew back Sunday) I realized that I had a major project, due on Monday at 12:01 AM, where I had to write up several pages in HTML and CSS. I couldn't use my laptop because its battery is junk at this point and can only hold a 20 minute charge, so I had to think fast. I downloaded [Touchqode] and an FTP client named [andFTP]. I spent the 5 hour flight back to NY writing up the pages. I was able to finish it and upload it Sunday night from JFK at 11:56 PM using the FTP app. The site looked great and it passed W3's validation.

Unfortunately, I realized in class the next day that it wasn't due that Monday but the next one. Needless to say, I walked out of the class and when asked why I told my teacher "because I did my homework". He is an awesome teacher so he knew exactly what I meant and just laughed.

Another instance which happened a few days ago. You know that huge snow storm that hit the NE hard? Yeah...That's where I live. Anywho, I had to make it to the CS Lab to write up some code in C. Unfortunately a blizzard was occurring and I didn't feel like chopping at the ice to get into the building where the CS Lab was. I was in another sticky situation. I knew that you can ssh into the labs to work that way but my laptop is a Windows machine and I didn't feel like figuring that one out. So I booted up the terminal emulator on my Droid and started tapping away. Soon enough I was able to submit my working program and got an A without ever having to risk frostbite.

And that is how my first few weeks with a Droid was. I have many more stories, all of which take place in the Aruba, but I think I will leave it there. This is an introduction, not Reader's Digest.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Welcome to the forum. Wow what an intro..... We have a section dedicated to the X as well that you might find helpful or interesting. To get there click on the Forum tab at the top of the page and scroll down until you see the Droid X sections.

Glad to have you with us.