new Droid 2 user - please help

DavidFFX

Reaction score
Hello!
I just upgraded from the HTC Ozone to the Droid 2. I'm enjoying the phone, but still getting used to it. One issue I don't know how to solve: the phone's web browser is compressing entire web pages into an area the size of the address bar where the web address is typed. Obviously reading a web page on the phone isn't enjoyable that way. If anyone has advice on how to solve this, I'd really appreciate it.

Also, this might seem like a really stupid question, but is there a worthwhile primer on using the Droid 2 and all of its amazing features available anywhere? The "getting started" pamphlet that comes with the phone isn't much. I've figured out how to make and receive calls, and download apps, but I know there's more - much more - to learn. If there were a class offered at a store or something, I'd welcome the chance to do that, and failing that, some kind of online tutorial would be great. This thing is like a small computer, and I want to make the most of it.

Thanks for all your help!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i have a link in my sig for DX users that are new to android that will help them get started... i havent got around to making one specifically for the D2, but most will apply to the D2

link 12

harrellj

Reaction score
For the page issue, try double-tapping the screen. It should auto-resize to be more pleasant to view. You can use pinch to zoom as well.