1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New bug - unplug powers off

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by ericwiz, Nov 20, 2009.

1. ericwiz

ericwiz New Member

Hey guys,

So here is a new bug for me. I didnt see any mention and it just started happening to me.

Last nite I put the Droid in the media dock as I usually do. When I woke up the led was red. I didnt think anything about it until I took it out of the dock. Then the Droid told me the battery was dead and powered off. I powered it back on and the pattery was at about 80%. Weird... I figured I just set it in the dock funny.

Well, while at work I plugged it into the micro usb and into my pc. Same thing, red LED, unplug - battery low message then power off.

I should mention that in both cases I plugged back in and it charged just fine.

Anyone else experience this? I am wondering whether to return it or wait it out.

~Eric
  2. ericwiz

ericwiz New Member

UPDATE:

It happened again last nite while in the car dock. So, I went to the Verizon store and they replaced the phone. He did say "That's a new one." so I guess it's not a common issue.
  3. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

After Market chargers?
  4. ericwiz

ericwiz New Member

Nope. Droid specific chargers from Verizon. Keep in mind that the first time it happened was in the multimedia dock.
Search tags for this page

android shuts off when unplugged

android tablet turns off when unplugged
android turns off when unplugged

droid turns off when unplugged

htc dna powers off when unplugged
htc dna turns off when unplugged

iphone 4 shuts off when unplugged

iphone 4 turns off when unplugged from charger
iphone turns off when unplugged from charger
my iphone 4 turns off when i unplug the charger.
new iphone turns off when unplugged
phone shuts off when i unplug it
phone shuts off when unplugged
phone turns off when unplugged

tablet turns off when unplugged