1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New Android version 2.3.3

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by rwaustin, Jun 1, 2011.

1. rwaustin

rwaustin New Member

Lost my root with this update looking for Z4Root to fix this. This new interface is a bit different.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  2. leonozug

leonozug New Member

Z4Root and not even Gingerbreak are able to root the .596 build yet. The only way to have root with it is to download the two-step update patches from mydroidworld and install it that way. You would have to be on rooted .340 and use the Droid 2 Bootstrap to install them one after the other, and you would then have rooted .596 Gingerbread.
  3. msu

msu New Member

Just to make this clear, if you took the new update and didn't like it/or wanted root. Couldn't you just sbf back to froyo and then install the two part rooted .596
  4. bobAbooey

bobAbooey New Member

Yes you can. The bootloader didn't. Change. I did it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  5. cubsfan187

cubsfan187 New Member

Yes that is the only way to get .596 rooted. You have to sbf back to Froyo and then install the 2 part zip from P3 and then you're good to go.
Search tags for this page

z4root android 2.3.3 download