New Android Market app

joeyx2

Reaction score
Did you make sure you check allow unknown applications

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

jgregoryj1

Reaction score
Just want to comment CM7 is awesome. Yes its got a couple bugs but for the most part its snappy, also the black gingerbread theme from fission manager works to in CM7 as with. The new fission transition screens. So I have the black menu look, wllpapers, setting, etc and the whole menus shooting off to the sides. Somehow it works on CM7. I really like it. Now back to the New Android Market............

PS: Also want to note that Netflix works on the CM7 ROM...... and now the new MARKET...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
the new market is to help unify... more like the tablet, and im glad its out. i remember hearing rumors about it months ago, and it looks good, i havent looked to see what apps are/aren't there, BUT i like the flow, its similar to 3.0.

Chaos2092

Reaction score
Sorry for the few day bump, but for anyone running Fission, the new Market shows up in the Fission ROM Manager for download and install and works like a charm... Didn't change anything else, left my black theme on and this one just overwrote the old market, theme and all.

acbrown24

Reaction score
Can anyone explain to a noobie how to download/install etc. this on my droid?

Thanks.

OP
E

eMWu

Reaction score
Can anyone explain to a noobie how to download/install etc. this on my droid?

Thanks.

After getting the apk file from here, either transfer the file by bluetooth or using USB cable to your phone.
Then on your phone, using Files app, open the apk and install.

Note: When using bluetooth, rename the file's extension to .zip then send and rename it back to .apk on the phone.

acbrown24

Reaction score
Okay cool that's easy enough.

One more question, when the actual update is sent to my phone, do i have to do anything special? or will it just not install?

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Probably won't be pushed to phone if you already have it

Sent from a cyanoblurred Droid 2 Global

silver6054

Reaction score
I am having issues with updating apps. The new market shows that there are apps with updates, but when I click on Update, the only options are the usual Open or Uninstall. Not sure why.

I forgot to copy the old market app before installing the new.

Does someone have the older market .apk that they can point me to, so I can compare behavior and maybe revert!

Thanks

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Uninstall Market and you'll have access to the old app. It resides in the internal memory and unless you overwrote it using some tools that require root, it's still there.