Hoping there's no "too stupid" question--here goes

me4droid

Reaction score
OK, here comes the stupid question:
Does the D2G have the original Drooooiiiiiddddd notification? I played with two differend D2G's at the store and didn't see it. It also seemed like the D2G had less notifications sounds than the D2. Is this true?

I understand they are marketing to business users, but everyone likes lots of fun notifications even if you don't use them too often. (Well, I do anyway).

If it's not there, can you get it from the android store? I just bought one but have to wait till christmas to activate since I'm giving the BOGO one as a gift and don't want to give away the surpirse. Thx!

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Unfortunately it looks like you're right. I got mine about 4 days ago and when I got an email, instead of the "droooid" sound it was some other weird one. I went to change it but it wasnt there. I dont know if it has less than the D2 (never really checked) but it seems to have around the same amount, who knows.

Anyways, you can just download a sound app and find the "droooid" notification sound from there and just use it. I did find a couple using the Mabilo Ringtones app. Though maybe its just me, but it didn't sound as loud as the one that came with the other phones.

OP
M

me4droid

Reaction score
Thanks Bilge! Got it to work. For some reason I could load it on my sd card using my usb cable but phone wasn't recognizing sd card. Read some threads on sd card problems. Took card out of the phone, loaded some music on it (because the droid sound was already loaded), then put it back in the phone, and magically it works!! Rock on! Droooiiiid!dancedroid