New and want to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsealer

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Don. I've never really used this type of forum except to get answers to problems occasionally. I'd like to do more with this forum. So please bear with me as I learn.
I will start with a couple of questions and then someone can tell me where I should have posted it originally.
I have an Droid Eris (verizon) and I'm a bit upset with two things about it.
One, my apps start and run in the background all the time. I do have a program to kill them but it seems they start on their own.
Two, Maybe related to the first and possibly related to Verizon. My reception is poor at times. Others where I work are on other phones but can talk and receive anywhere in the building. I have to walk to a spot that allows reception.
Any suggestions on these two probelms.
Also, I was reading some of the posts here and see things about "root and froyo". Can you help me understand what they are, what they would do for me, and why I need them?
Thanks for now and I'll be hanging around all the time.
Thanks,
Don........

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum Don! :) hope you stick around! there's tons of info in here, and lots of people willing to help - don't be afraid to get involved.

as to your questions, there is a specific subforum here devoted entirely to the Eris (under the Verizon Phones section of the Forum link). that should have plenty of info on your phone.

"froyo" is the updated 2.2 version of the Android OS. i apologize, but i'm not sure if it's compatible with the Eris or not. again, head into the Eris section, and i'm sure you'll find what you're looking for, and much more!

enjoy!! :)

OP
D

dsealer

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I thought I was at the Eris site. See I told you I'm learning.
I'll find it and post again.
Thanks,
Don.......

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums don! As for your question my first suggestion is to get rid of the task killer as it will do you more harm than good. Your phone decides which apps to start and stop based om what it needs and what it thinks you need.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.