New Droid 1 owner with XM question

SteveInSac

Reaction score
Thanks for having me! I am a new owner of the first Droid with latest 2.? and have been learning how to do things in part to the help with this forum's members and fumbling around myself. My Droid was totally free from wirefly.com because I had an expired contract with Verizon and have been a long time Verizon customer.

Anyways I'm considering the XM app and have a couple of quality questions as the reception here in Sacramento sucks on my Samsung Helix player.

1. Will the reception be better with good quality sound on my Droid? Pandora's clarity isn't that great.

2. Do they allow you to keep your existing XM player along with having it on the Droid, or is it one or the other only? I mean after all the are wanting an additional $2.99 a month for the Droid app.

Also, is there a way to adjust the sound like the treble/bass in the droid and if not is there an app for that?

Thanks
Steve in Sacramento

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Good to have you with us. I have XM in both of my vehicles and on my DircTv. When XM made it services available for smart phones I had an iPhone. I added the app only to find that I needed to purchase the "Premium" service before I could access on my phone. I chose not to purchase so I can not respond to your questions. You may want to verify that an additional fee is required for the Droid.

Mike

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum...Droid 1 still the Best IMO :)

OP
S

SteveInSac

Reaction score
Thank you. I'm all of a sudden having an issue with my home key. It goes to most recent apps used screen. ???

badog

Reaction score
The Sirius/xm app just got an update, so it actually works now but it's far from great. The sound is just ok and it still pauses and occasionally fc's. There's no trebile or bass adjustment on the phone that i know of.

You can get a 30 day trial by going to siriusxm.com/android

It costs $2.99/mo

OP
S

SteveInSac

Reaction score
Thank's I will check it out. It would be neat if someone would create an app for an equalizer for the Droid.

pigpen

Reaction score
The Sirius/xm app just got an update, so it actually works now but it's far from great. The sound is just ok and it still pauses and occasionally fc's. There's no trebile or bass adjustment on the phone that i know of.

You can get a 30 day trial by going to siriusxm.com/android

It costs $2.99/mo

$2.99/mo if your already a sirius/xm user with a satellite device. If you're just going to be using your Droid, and have no other service with them, its $12.99/mo. I paid for a year up front and got a 10% discount.

The app is now fixed for Froyo 2.2 as stated, so you dont need the hack anymore. But it does randomly pause once in a while as stated.